Tod's Workshop inlaid knife
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This is a tough one, but I'm simply out of room and I have too many nice knives. This is a knife from Tod's Workshop that has a line of X's and maker's mark inlaid in brass on the blade. The X decoration is based on an example found in the Thames. The grip is of lace wood with handmade hollow rivets, a brass bolster, butt plate, and peen block. The sheath is also based on a London find, with a variety of heraldic shields that Tod painted in a variety of colors.

The knife is unused and has sat in my display cabinet all its life. It's in the same condition as the pics in my collection gallery and below with one exception. The brown dye Tod used has bled further though the pigment used on the white parts of the sheath, turning those parts a pinkish color. A few minutes with the right kind of paint would turn it back to its original form. I happen to suspect that natural medieval dyes and paints were hardly color fast, so perhaps this just makes it more historical... :)

Please see this page for more pics and stats: http://myArmoury.com/chad_dagg_tod_eatingknife.html

Tod currently has a somewhat simpler inlaid knife on his site for ~$290. Asking $175 or best offer (plus shipping) for this one. A portion of this sale will be donated to myArmoury to help keep it running.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This is still available. Feel free to make an offer. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: