Location: Czech republic
Joined: 29 Jun 2007
|Posted: Sun 02 Feb, 2020 4:57 am Post subject: Training and general fitness - the Viking way
I would like this thread to be a video list of personal experience with "historical style" training = with historical stuff other than weapons.
I want to share the experience together as well as the results. The video below shows how to work with wooden log. Training is focused on strengthening your core, arms and hands.. and some balance as well
- its easy to learn and to master
- works with several muscle group at once
- muscle groups engaged are the same you use for historical sword/axe/spear fight
- use of simple and available tools and materials
- suitable for nearly any historical era (viking, celtic, slavic, ancient, dark ages, early medieval..)
- it was fun to do
p.s. thanks for more of videos (of your own), suggestions and experience
..following my heart, I'm living free..
Last edited by G. Freeman on Tue 04 Feb, 2020 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total