Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Can anyone provide any info on these swords? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Author Message
Brent B





Joined: 12 Mar 2017

Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Can anyone provide any info on these swords?         Reply with quote

My family came across these 2 swords many years ago and they have been sitting in our garage since then.

Does anyone know anything about them? How old they might be? Type of swords? Any other info? They appear to be medieval swords.

If there are any other pictures that would be helpful, please let me know. I just took a couple for now.

https://ibb.co/gJNd3v
https://ibb.co/dE1SwF
https://ibb.co/e6ZEbF

Sorry couldn't get images to embed. But links work.

Any info anyone can provide is greatly appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message
Glen A Cleeton




Location: Nipmuc USA
Joined: 21 Aug 2003

Posts: 1,803

PostPosted: Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Brent

These are Scottish Rite Blue Lodge freemasons swords. Are there any retailer's names on the base of the blades?

Cheers

GC
View user's profile Send private message
Lin Robinson




Location: NC
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Likes: 6 pages
Reading list: 6 books

Posts: 1,200

PostPosted: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone provide any info on these swords?         Reply with quote

Brent B wrote:
My family came across these 2 swords many years ago and they have been sitting in our garage since then.

Does anyone know anything about them? How old they might be? Type of swords? Any other info? They appear to be medieval swords.

If there are any other pictures that would be helpful, please let me know. I just took a couple for now.

https://ibb.co/gJNd3v
https://ibb.co/dE1SwF
https://ibb.co/e6ZEbF

Sorry couldn't get images to embed. But links work.

Any info anyone can provide is greatly appreciated!


Masonic swords and very common. Swords like these have been made for years and are probably still being manufactured. They have limited value since they are so common.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
View user's profile Send private message
Brent B





Joined: 12 Mar 2017

Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glen A Cleeton wrote:
Hi Brent

These are Scottish Rite Blue Lodge freemasons swords. Are there any retailer's names on the base of the blades?

Cheers

GC


Thank you. One says “The Henderson Ames Co Kalamazoo Mich.” The other says “James Luker New York”
View user's profile Send private message
Glen A Cleeton




Location: Nipmuc USA
Joined: 21 Aug 2003

Posts: 1,803

PostPosted: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would have to look in the book for Lurker but the Henderson Ames sword would likely have been early 20th century, no later than 1933 but possibly as early as the 1890s. If the swords are more or less identical, that the Lurker was probably sourced from Henderson/Ames.

If there are individual's names etched on the blades, it can be as easy as a little family research, or general searches for the individual. These are not masonic Sir Kight Templer swords buy likely rather of lesser degrees or association. KT swords will usually have a cross in a crown iconography. The skull&bones common to Master Mason swords. It would not be unusual for an individual to have aquired more than one sword as they progress and not unusual at all for someone to belong to more than one fraternal organixation.

Cheers

GC
View user's profile Send private message
Brent B





Joined: 12 Mar 2017

Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glen A Cleeton wrote:
I would have to look in the book for Lurker but the Henderson Ames sword would likely have been early 20th century, no later than 1933 but possibly as early as the 1890s. If the swords are more or less identical, that the Lurker was probably sourced from Henderson/Ames.

If there are individual's names etched on the blades, it can be as easy as a little family research, or general searches for the individual. These are not masonic Sir Kight Templer swords buy likely rather of lesser degrees or association. KT swords will usually have a cross in a crown iconography. The skull&bones common to Master Mason swords. It would not be unusual for an individual to have aquired more than one sword as they progress and not unusual at all for someone to belong to more than one fraternal organixation.

Cheers

GC


Awesome. Thanks for the info!
View user's profile Send private message


Display posts from previous:   
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Can anyone provide any info on these swords?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum






All contents © Copyright 2003-2018 myArmoury.com — All rights reserved
Discussion forums powered by phpBB © The phpBB Group
Switch to the Basic Low-bandwidth Version of the forum