Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Happy Halloween! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Author Message
J. Nicolaysen




Location: Wyoming
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Likes: 31 pages

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Happy Halloween!         Reply with quote

I always like the scary pumpkin banner. I noticed it the other day, Thanks Nathan!

Last year I was a viking in a pretty good soft kit, my older daughter was a valkyrie and my younger was a sort of one year old warrior princess. Wife was a pregnant "viking" houselady. Nice dress and beads.

Of course no pictures survive so you all will have to take my word for it.

This year I guess I'm supposed to be a zombie. Worried I was hoping my 4 year old daughter would choose a warrior from the Maciejowski Bible for me, but oh well. We are all supernatural creatures this year.

Anyone have a good costume ("good" meaning myArmoury.com worthy) this year?

Feel free to move to another forum if appropriate.
View user's profile Send private message
Craig Peters




PostPosted: Thu 29 Oct, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll be dressing as a knight in his civilian wear with over tunic, braies and chausses, wearing my Tritonia in its scabbard. It's not the first time I've done this costume, but I wasn't about to spend a lot of money to develop a military kit, so that will be it.
View user's profile Send private message
Roger Hooper




Location: Northern California
Joined: 18 Aug 2003
Likes: 1 page

Spotlight topics: 3
Posts: 3,819

PostPosted: Thu 29 Oct, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd like to be this guy (drawing by Patrick Dallanegra) but it won't happen. For one thing, I don't have an Albion Vassal.


 Attachment: 128.69 KB
dwg_vassal.jpg
dwg by Patrick Dallanegra
View user's profile Send private message
Blaz Berlec




Location: Podgorje, Kamnik, Slovenia, Europe
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 4
Posts: 385

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Last year I was Sandor Clegane, also nicknamed The Hound. Cool



"The septons preach about the seven hells. What do they know? Only a man who's been burned knows what hell is truly like."


This year I went for something completely different. Borg, Seven of Six (Redundancy, Backup), Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 03!



Extant 15th Century German Gothic Armour
Extant 15th century Milanese armour
Arming doublet of the 15th century
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
J. Nicolaysen




Location: Wyoming
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Likes: 31 pages

Posts: 656

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Blaz I don't think you take this holiday seriously enough.


Just kidding, those are both very awesome! Clegane especially, you could be a stand-in on the show.

Great borg costume too.

Roger Hooper wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to be this guy (drawing by Patrick Dallanegra) but it won't happen. For one thing, I don't have an Albion Vassal.


That looks great, a very nice picture. I hope you assemble that kit someday. I don't know the artist's work much, but it seems like Patrick Dallanegra has a good guide there.

Craig Peters wrote:
Quote:
I'll be dressing as a knight in his civilian wear with over tunic, braies and chausses, wearing my Tritonia in its scabbard. It's not the first time I've done this costume, but I wasn't about to spend a lot of money to develop a military kit, so that will be it.

Sounds like a great one. Maybe a 13th century gig? Get us a pic!

There must be more kits or costumes out there. Halloween's a good excuse to put a kit in action. Last year, quite a few people thought my Viking was good. No horns on a helmet, no mail shirt, no sword, but it was pretty eye-catching.
View user's profile Send private message
David Lewis Smith




Location: NC
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Likes: 2 pages

Posts: 484

PostPosted: Sun 01 Nov, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm the Doctor

One little girl actually knew what I was



 Attachment: 71.49 KB
[ Download ]

David L Smith
MSG (RET)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Blaz Berlec




Location: Podgorje, Kamnik, Slovenia, Europe
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 4
Posts: 385

PostPosted: Sun 01 Nov, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

From yesterday:



We are Borgia. Renaissance is futile.


Extant 15th Century German Gothic Armour
Extant 15th century Milanese armour
Arming doublet of the 15th century
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
James Arlen Gillaspie
Industry Professional



Location: upstate NY
Joined: 10 Nov 2005

Posts: 523

PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I never have time to make a costume, so I just show up in my working clothes.


 Attachment: 104.28 KB
me_2776171826374252638_n.jpg


jamesarlen.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ian S LaSpina




Location: Virginia, US
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Reading list: 5 books

Spotlight topics: 1
Posts: 301

PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I put a little medieval twist on a zombie for a photo this year Happy


My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest
"Monsters are dangerous, and just now Kings are dying like flies..."
View user's profile Send private message
Craig Peters




PostPosted: Tue 03 Nov, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here we are:



View user's profile Send private message
Philip Dyer





Joined: 25 Jul 2013

Posts: 493

PostPosted: Tue 03 Nov, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

James Arlen Gillaspie wrote:
I never have time to make a costume, so I just show up in my working clothes.

Holy Hell, is that axe made out of steel? Because with how broad and thick it is, in must feel like an anchor! Exquiste armor btw, I bet you have no problem jogging in it.
View user's profile Send private message
Jean Thibodeau




Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Likes: 50 pages
Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5
Posts: 8,160

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Philip Dyer wrote:
James Arlen Gillaspie wrote:
I never have time to make a costume, so I just show up in my working clothes.

Holy Hell, is that axe made out of steel? Because with how broad and thick it is, in must feel like an anchor! Exquiste armor btw, I bet you have no problem jogging in it.


Looks more like a LARP axe to me, and I assume that going out in public it's preferable to avoid carrying a sharp blade to avoid accidents or misinterpretation of one's peaceful intentions.

That armour is really impressive, but I can't help feeling a little claustrophobic considering the closed visor and close fit of a Great Basinet ...... Wink Laughing Out Loud

A lot of the costumes seem better than what we see in professional T.V. or film production.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
View user's profile Send private message
Philip Dyer





Joined: 25 Jul 2013

Posts: 493

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Philip Dyer wrote:
James Arlen Gillaspie wrote:
I never have time to make a costume, so I just show up in my working clothes.

Holy Hell, is that axe made out of steel? Because with how broad and thick it is, in must feel like an anchor! Exquiste armor btw, I bet you have no problem jogging in it.


Looks more like a LARP axe to me, and I assume that going out in public it's preferable to avoid carrying a sharp blade to avoid accidents or misinterpretation of one's peaceful intentions.

That armour is really impressive, but I can't help feeling a little claustrophobic considering the closed visor and close fit of a Great Basinet ...... Wink Laughing Out Loud

A lot of the costumes seem better than what we see in professional T.V. or film production.

Good point, I bet you are correct. I just used that picture as way to poke fun of Movie , TV, and video game Tropes. The idea of armor is heavy ,useless, and that only the mooks wore it yet everyone used weapons that are as wield able as boat anchors with no problem. But as we all know, armor and weaponry were neither of this things.
View user's profile Send private message


Display posts from previous:   
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Happy Halloween!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum






All contents © Copyright 2003-2018 myArmoury.com — All rights reserved
Discussion forums powered by phpBB © The phpBB Group
Switch to the Basic Low-bandwidth Version of the forum