Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Knight's Riding Sword (Pictures) from Generation 2 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Author Message
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional



Location: Tennessee
Joined: 06 Jul 2006

Posts: 72

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Knight's Riding Sword (Pictures) from Generation 2         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Interesting review, now that I've had a chance to read through it. What I miss in it are straight-on overall and hilt shots. Angled shots make it hard to tell some of the proportions. The hilt seems a bit off from the original in shape and maybe size, but without a straight-on shot it's hard to know.


There was a posted review in Off Topic posted by Mike Harris on the review he and Adam Sharp did on this sword.

Chad Arnow has asked for a picture that shows a straight on shot.

Here is the picture.

Here is the Link from the Off Topic Discussion: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=12039



 Attachment: 20.38 KB
Ip-705.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional



Location: Tennessee
Joined: 06 Jul 2006

Posts: 72

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are some pictures I had taken....

Hope these show up good. Big Grin



 Attachment: 41.92 KB
Ip-705a.jpg


 Attachment: 66.03 KB
Ip-705b.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
L. Bailey





Joined: 04 Jan 2008

Posts: 21

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very pretty. I read Clyde's review on SBG forums, sounded pretty postive. One drawback is those huge grips, but otherwise, gemoetry, etc looked good.
View user's profile Send private message
Jean Thibodeau




PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Clyde:

Looks good: Is this the new version prototype with a shorter handle, slightly narrower blade ?

It might be interesting seeing it side by side with the earlier version.

The handles still looks a bit modern in construction but that isn't a deal breaker for me. Wink I could live with it as sold or re-do the grip cover and hide the metal plate under the cover.

Any idea when these will be available generally or at Kult of Athena ( A vendor I have experience with and that I like for good customer service and the first place I will consider buying from ).

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
View user's profile Send private message
Corey D. Sullivan




Location: Canada
Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Reading list: 12 books

Posts: 73

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 22 Jan, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that this is still the prototype version. I like the sword, it's just... that.. metal... spacer! Why? It isn't necessary, and I would have thought it would cost more to make them then just lengthening the grip a little. Sigh, yes, I guess I could just cover it up...
"He had scantly finyshed his saienge but the one armye espyed the other lord how hastely the souldioures buckled their healmes how quikly the archers bent ther bowes and frushed their feathers how redely the byllmen shoke their bylles and proved their staves redy to appioche and loyne when the terrible trotnpet should sound the blast to victorie or deathe."
View user's profile Send private message
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional



Location: Tennessee
Joined: 06 Jul 2006

Posts: 72

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Clyde:

Looks good: Is this the new version prototype with a shorter handle, slightly narrower blade ?

It might be interesting seeing it side by side with the earlier version.

The handles still looks a bit modern in construction but that isn't a deal breaker for me. Wink I could live with it as sold or re-do the grip cover and hide the metal plate under the cover.

Any idea when these will be available generally or at Kult of Athena ( A vendor I have experience with and that I like for good customer service and the first place I will consider buying from ).


Sorry Jean this is the proto-type.
When the new one's come in I will re-take new pictures and post them.
The price should stay the same.

I hope they should be done mid February.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jean Thibodeau




PostPosted: Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Clyde Hollis wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Clyde:

Looks good: Is this the new version prototype with a shorter handle, slightly narrower blade ?

It might be interesting seeing it side by side with the earlier version.

The handles still looks a bit modern in construction but that isn't a deal breaker for me. Wink I could live with it as sold or re-do the grip cover and hide the metal plate under the cover.

Any idea when these will be available generally or at Kult of Athena ( A vendor I have experience with and that I like for good customer service and the first place I will consider buying from ).


Sorry Jean this is the proto-type.
When the new one's come in I will re-take new pictures and post them.
The price should stay the same.

I hope they should be done mid February.


No problem as it does look good anyway and the slightly modified version should be even more tempting and I'll keep an eye out for it on the KoA site. Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
View user's profile Send private message
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional



Location: Tennessee
Joined: 06 Jul 2006

Posts: 72

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 05 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

OK, we have some new ones in. Only 2 to be sure they are right.

They did some of the changes but not all.

The blade is tapered more and the handle is slimmer and tapers more back toward the pommel.
They did not shorten the handle but (and I do not have a wide hand) when I grip it and if I had a maille gauntlet or even a plate gauntlet it would be a just right fit.

Here is the link, with pictures and all the specs on the sword.
http://www.imperialweapons.com/swords/Gen2/IP-705.html

Look forward to hearing what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dan P




Location: Massachusetts, USA
Joined: 28 Jun 2007

Posts: 208

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 05 Mar, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Mr Hollis, please correct me if I am mistaken, but the pictures on the page you linked to seem to be the same as the ones of the prototype from January here, not of the new sword?
I think it was a good looking sword the first time, I'd really like to see it with the changes.
View user's profile Send private message
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional



Location: Tennessee
Joined: 06 Jul 2006

Posts: 72

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 06 Mar, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Dan P wrote:
Hello Mr Hollis, please correct me if I am mistaken, but the pictures on the page you linked to seem to be the same as the ones of the prototype from January here, not of the new sword?
I think it was a good looking sword the first time, I'd really like to see it with the changes.


Yes the Sun was too bright to take pictures. So I narrowed the handle in the picture to fit that way it looks now, and I tapered the tip as the new one and put the specs to reflect.

I now wait patiently for a good cloudy day.

The new profile handle (slimmed than from the first one and the taper of the blade really make it look good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dan P




Location: Massachusetts, USA
Joined: 28 Jun 2007

Posts: 208

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got this sword in the mail on Friday. Its VERY nice- a lot more graceful, I think, than the pictures suggest.
Gen2 has slimmed down the handle significantly. I have "medium-large" hands and I can close my hand all the way around it. The grip is still a bit longer than necessary but that doesn't bother me. The taper of the blade is longer too, the tip is less rounded.
Next weekend I'll try some test cutting if the weather cooperates. The balance point is about 1" in front of the guard, so this sword should be pretty fast while still having the blade presence to make a good cut.
The only problem I see so far is that the edges of the pommel and the guard are a little too sharp. But if I am wearing my gloves I cannot notice this, and I can round them off pretty easily myself.

One more thing, Clyde Hollis and Imperial Weapons have great customer service- I ordered Wednesday morning, and got the box Friday afternoon.
View user's profile Send private message
Brian Kent





Joined: 26 Apr 2007

Posts: 37

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 13 Apr, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Your killing me Clyde. I'm tempted by this and your reissue of the Excalibur. Your a mean man lol!
View user's profile Send private message
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional



Location: Tennessee
Joined: 06 Jul 2006

Posts: 72

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 14 Apr, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian Kent wrote:
Your killing me Clyde. I'm tempted by this and your reissue of the Excalibur. Your a mean man lol!


Who me? Cool

Well have you seen also the Henry V sword? Now I know that is mean. Laughing Out Loud

Thanks,

Dan P I look forward to your review.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stephen Weber




Location: Wentzville, MO
Joined: 23 Sep 2008

Posts: 2

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 26 Sep, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I purchased this sword last weekend. I'm certainly a novice collector and haven't held all that many swords, but this was one of the most natural feeling blades I've held. Always been a fan of short blades and this is my favorite replica I own. Good work!

It also started me back up collecting and trying to learning WMA... hopefully the wife doesn't get over her initial joy that I'm taking up a new hobby any time soon.

Stephen Weber
View user's profile Send private message


Display posts from previous:   
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Knight's Riding Sword (Pictures) from Generation 2
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum






All contents © Copyright 2003-2018 myArmoury.com — All rights reserved
Discussion forums powered by phpBB © The phpBB Group
Switch to the Basic Low-bandwidth Version of the forum