Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Full suit of 1420-1430 Kastenbrust armourSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
L. Pastoors

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 2:41 am    Post subject: Full suit of 1420-1430 Kastenbrust armour         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

For sale: Circa 1420-1430 German / Holy Roman Empire Kastenbrust suit of armour in the style of the Ulmerschule, primarily based on the artworks of Meister Hartmann and Hans Multscher, suplemented with museum pieces from the period.

After a double knee accident and unfortunate news in the family it's likely I won't be running around in armour in the coming years so I've decided to sell it.
The armour is fully functional, fully made of hardened spring steel and ready to use in re-enactment and armoured HEMA (Historical European Martial arts in armour), or in HMB, Bohurt, IMCF, or other full-contact armoured sports, etc. (though in those cases you would need to add some plates under the mail shirt or add a backplate and faulds to the breastplate to complete the cuirass).

I'm fairly slim build, usually wear size S or M clothes.
Height 173cm, weight 62kg, chest 92cm, waist 80cm, hips 90cm, thighs 54.5cm, calves 36.5cm, will fit someone slightly smaller or larger depending on musculature, fat percentage and the amount of padding worn.
Ideal for a small build man or average woman (the globose breastplate i.c.m. with the mail shirt gives plenty of leeway in the chest, waist and hips area for people of various shapes and sizes).
The only point of attention is that I have a somewhat narrow head; a narrow size M or long size S roughly speaking, helmet still has quite a bit of room for medium-thick padding with my 55.1cm head circumference though.

What's included:
1: Onion-top houndskull bascinet based on the one in Veste Coburg, made by Jan Schrader in Germany.
Both skull and visor are 2mm C45 carbon steel hardened and tempered to 38-40HRC. No aventail yet, it does include two padded liners (new/unused).
2: Fluted breastplate, 1.5mm hardened spring steel, made by Jan Schrader in Germany.
3: Blocky Kastenbrust breastplate, appropriate for ca. 1410-1420 if you want to go slightly earlier, 1.5mm 304 stainless, TIG welded, no straps etc. included on this one, made by me.
4: Arm harness, hardened spring steel: 1.5mm for the elbows, shoulder and gauntlets, the rest is 1mm, still being made by GS Armour Studio, hopefully finished in a couple weeks, but I can't give any guarantees.
5: Mail shirt, size M, 8mm rings, half solid half round rivited rings, not tailored yet.
6: Leg armour, hardened spring steel: 1.5mm knees, the rest is 1mm, made by Jan Schrader.
7: 2kg of loose mail rings with rivets for repairs, likely enough for an entire aventail as well.
8: Two rolls (enough for multiple helmets) of closed-cell Shocktech foam from Craig Nadler, perfect for HMB/full-contact-medieval-combat-sports.
9: For those with a slim/thin build close to my sizes I might also have a pourpoint in the style of Charles de Blois.

All together I spend roughly € 4500 euro (roughly $5300 USD) on it.
I strongly favour selling this entire suit of armour as one set, in that case I'll sell it for € 2250 (roughly $2700 USD).
Not selling individual pieces (unless maybe you want everything but one piece), I simply don't have the time and energy to do that now for family reasons, but with the fact that you are already getting half the armour for free selling individual pieces that don't fit you should not be a financial hurdle for you.

I'm located in Arnhem, the Netherlands, Europe, if you are close you are welcome for a test fit. I can ship all around the world with tracking and insurance, please inquire about shipping, as that differs greatly between destinations.
I strongly prefer good old reliable bank wire transfer but also accept Paypal or cash on pick-up.
For SERIOUS inquiries and more pictures send me a PM.

For those within pick-up distance: I also have a couple plates of 1mm + 1.5mm C45 spring steel, some 1mm 304 stainless, a Mapp burner for forging small/thin pieces of plate and a full TIG welding setup for sale should you want to make your own armour parts.

Attachment: 383.48 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 350.59 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 300.55 KB
[ Download ]
L. Pastoors

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some more pictures. Though send me a PM for better quality ones.

Attachment: 229.59 KB
IMG_4456 cropped small.jpg

Attachment: 159.17 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 447.57 KB
[ Download ]
L. Pastoors

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

SOLD!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Full suit of 1420-1430 Kastenbrust armourSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic