Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: two early-nineteenth-century sabersRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mark Millman

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 05 Feb, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: two early-nineteenth-century sabers         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Folks,

I'm selling two early-nineteenth-century sabers.

The first is an 1811 Blücher saber, of the type copied from the British Pattern 1796 Light Cavalry saber. The hilt and scabbard are well patinated, and the blade, although still sound, straight, and firm, has extensive black spotting from arrested corrosion. There is one large spot a bit past halfway down the blade that has caused a slight (< 1 mm) loss to the edge, which is service sharpened. The wire-and-leather grip is intact; I believe it to be original. The scabbard is solid, but has three spots on the reverse (i.e., inboard side) near the tip that appear to have rusted through. The largest is about 2 mm in width; there's a circular one of about 1 mm diameter; and there's a very narrow one about 1 mm long and a fraction wide. You can see them in close-up in the last photograph in the set. The leather pad that cushions the scabbard throat when the sword is sheathed is present and in fair condition. The guard is marked in front of the blade with a WH surmounted by something no longer legible, and the scabbard drag is marked on the reverse with a Z. I'm asking $650 shipped in the U.S.A.

The second is a French Model 1829 Mounted Artillery saber. The blade is sound, straight, and firm, and is marked "Châtellerault Mars (March) 1840" on the spine. It shows fairly extensive nicking consistent with an active service life. The wire-and-leather grip is intact; I believe it to be original. The scabbard, of the throatless type that fits an inset in the brass guard, retains its darkened finish and is in good condition. The leather pad that cushions the scabbard throat when the sword is sheathed is present and in good condition. As is typical of French military swords, it is profusely marked with poinçons, inspection stamps, unit designations, and other stamps. In this case, the rack numbers on the guard and the scabbard match. I'm asking $325 shipped in the U.S.A.

You can see photos of the swords at this Google Drive link in separate folders for each sword, with a name-and-date note showing both swords on the landing page.

Sorry, no trades. Foreign buyers will have to discuss shipping. I accept PayPal (for Goods and Services, please add 3% to cover the fee) or check or money order. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Best,

Mark Millman
Mark Millman

PostPosted: Tue 18 Feb, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Folks,

This is a bump to the top.

Mark Millman
Mark Millman

PostPosted: Tue 17 Mar, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Folks,

These sabers remain available.

Mark Millman

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: two early-nineteenth-century sabersRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic