Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Albion Kingmaker (UK)Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 06 Mar, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: For Trade: Albion Kingmaker (UK)         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Stats (in a pleasant mixture of Empirical and Metric, just to keep you on your toes…):
Overall Length: 39 ¼”
Blade length: 31 ¾ “
Blade width at base: 46mm
Blade thickness at cross: 6mm
Blade thickness at ½ way down the blade: 4mm
Blade thickness at 1” from tip: 2mm
Centre of gravity: approximately 8 cm from escutcheon
Centre of percussion: approximately 49cm from escutcheon

In excellent, as-new condition, and will be posted in the original white Albion box.

Dark brown (almost oxblood) coloured grip. Has been kept oiled and only dry-handled and displayed.

If I were to describe this sword in one word, it would be ‘elegant’. The blade is quite slim, and combined with the beautiful hollow-grind, is very light and nimble.

I would prefer to trade this, if possible, rather than sell it. Ideally I’d like an Albion Sovereign with bronze pommel, but might be interested in other Albions or similar high-quality swords. As a guide, the trade price for this would be £1000, including postage and paypal charges: money could be exchanged either way.

I’m in the UK, so would prefer to post locally. The EU wouldn’t be too bad, but please bear in mind that this would bump up the postage cost and could cause headaches if there are complications with delivery.

Feel free to pm me with any interest.

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi All,

It’s been a week now, and thanks for all the interest in this – unfortunately I haven’t received an offer that really ‘clicks’ yet.

In case it helps, the swords which I’m particularly interested in trading for are:

• Sovereign (any hilt configuration, but preferably with bronze pommel)
• Prince
• Alexandria
• Earl
• Similar-level custom jobs. Or to go towards the price of a custom job (if any of the European makers are reading this!)

I’m not desperate to move this sword on, so am happy to wait for the right trade. If it doesn’t crop up then I might just keep it: it’s a very nice sword, after all.

So, if you’re finding your current sword a bit too much to handle, and would prefer a light and nimble single-hander, this one might be for you!

Cheers for looking,

Ant

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Albion Kingmaker (UK)Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic