Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Two Helms and a Facsimile ManuscriptSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
W. Knight

Reading list: 7 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: For Sale: Two Helms and a Facsimile Manuscript         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello all,

I am seeking to raise some extra funds for some custom made kit items, so I am selling some of my old stuff that I think may be of interest to members of these forums.

These items are for sale in the CONUS only, and do include shipping in the listed prices.

Also, I should make it known that prices will not be reduced any, so if you see something you want, I would suggest you get it, or else some one else will. (the prices on these items are quite low)

First item:

Deepeeka Sutton Hoo Helm
This is not the best quality production Sutton Hoo helm available (that being the Hanwei version), but it is nevertheless a much better representation than many being produced. It is made of stainless steel with brass and other decorations. It makes a good display piece, or is fully wearable if desired. This is one of the ones that does have the liner and chinstrap. Here is a link to one place (among many) where this item is currently sold. http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-1569-sutton-ho...802-n.aspx
It is in like new condition.

I am asking $100, which includes shipping to CONUS.

Second Item:

Hanwei Coppergate Helm (Antiqued)
This is the absolute finest version of the Coppergate Helm available through the production market. It is made of stainless steel with a blackened finish, and has decorations that are exquisitely reproduced. The blackened mail aventail is riveted. Includes a black stand with a metal plaque with a short description of the helm Here is a link to where this item is currently sold: http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...ate+Helmet
This item is in like-new condition.

I am asking $250, which includes shipping to CONUS.

Third and final item:

The Life of Saint Edmund, King and Martyr Limited Edition Facsimile by the Folio Society, London
This is an absolutely beautiful leatherbound facsimile of an early 15th century (circa 1430s) illuminated manuscript recounting the lives of Saint Edmund and a brief digression also on the life of Saint Fremund. It was written by John Lydgate of Bury St. Edmunds and was presented to a young King Henry VI on Christmas Eve, 1433 at the abbey of Bury St. Edmunds.

This book is a fine facsimile of the actual illuminated manuscript, and contains gold foiling on nearly every page, on the illuminated capitals. It contains 120 miniatures (illustrations) depiction stylized representations of the clothing and armor of the time as well as being one of the first books ever known to have illustrations depicting events in the text, carefully arranged to coincide with the text. The facsimile is bound in goatskin leather, with gold leaf on all three page edges, and a red satin page marker. Also included is a commentary volume containing a full transcript of the text, and also descriptions of what is taking place in all 120 illustrations. Both volumes are contained in a buckram bound clamshell box with leather title piece.

This facsimile is an absolute joy to peruse, as it feels like one is really reading a manuscript of the medieval era. And the best part, is one can indeed read it if he only speaks English! The text is written in an older form of English, with many archaic words, and the calligraphic writing takes a little getting used to, but the commentary volume is an excellent aid.

This book is a limited edition of 1010 copies of which 1000 were sold to members of the Folio Society. This is copy number 475.

Both volumes and the presentation box are in like-new condition, wth one notable exception: my name has been written in the front of each book, on the endpaper in small letters, with the date they were acquired. This does not detract from the books beauty, but may slightly in terms of collector's value.

This book sold for $860 shipped to the US, when it was published several years ago. Even now it commands high prices on the collector's market. I am asking only $350 for this magnificent facsimile, which includes shipping to CONUS.

Please PM me with interest, or with any questions you may have. For your assurance, I accept Paypal payments only, and for my assurance, all shipments will be made with signature confirmation.

Thank you for looking--I hope you see something you would like to purchase. Happy
W. Knight

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are a few more pics of the Facsimile Life of St. Edmund.

And I do apologize for the small pictures. I have tried and tried, and for some reason I cannot get the full 1024 by 768 size photos to upload to Photobucket. Try pressing CTRL + to zoom in and some more details can be seen. Again, my apologies for the photo quality as well, as these are cellphone pics. Blush

W. Knight

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Life of St. Edmund Facsimile is PENDING
W. Knight

PostPosted: Thu 20 Oct, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Sutton Hoo Helm is SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
W. Knight

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Sutton Hoo Helm is SOLD, shipped, and received by its buyer.

The Life of St. Edmund facsimile is STILL AVAILABLE. A gentleman asked me to hold it for two days, then responded three days later asking for a wait until Monday (an additional four days) and now only will say he is "still interested". So it is unfair to leave the item marked "pending" in case there are other interested buyers.

The Coppergate Helm is STILL AVAILABLE as well, and though I am not changing the asking price, I may accept offers, so don't hesitate to PM and ask if you would like to. Happy
W. Knight

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The facsimile is now definitely SOLD and shipping in the morning.
Coppergate Helm STILL AVAILABLE
W. Knight

PostPosted: Sun 30 Oct, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Coppergate Helm is now SOLD

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Two Helms and a Facsimile ManuscriptSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic