Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: German Visored Sallet and Bevor St George ArmouryRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Frances Perry
Industry Professional

Reading list: 10 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: For Sale: German Visored Sallet and Bevor St George Armoury         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

FS: German Visored Sallet and Bevor by St George Armoury

Dear all,

I am selling a German visored sallet (jaw bone visor) and matching articulated bevor, originally made by St George Armoury (Mark Vickers).

These items are in excellent condition with no dents and superficial surface rust on the inside mouth section of the bevor only. The straps with cast buckles are also in excellent condition with no sign of rips, wear or tears.

The Bevor is 18 gauge construction,with positive spring catch for top lame,steel buckle and mounting plate and the gorget pivots on the chin plate giving some neck movement. The spring catch which work very well and is firm not loose.

The Visored Sallet is a size LARGE, with an inner head circumference of 24.5 inches - I wore it with a padded cap, but it is still way too big for me (hence sale). The sallet has an inner leather spider which shows no signs of wear, tear or ripping. The visor itself is still stiff enough to be moved up and down, and does not slip when worn and pushed up. The inside of the sallet is covered with a black layer which has stopped any surface rust from occurring - this appears to have been done by Mark Vickers as the spider has been set into the helmet over this covering. This sallet is made from 2mm steel plate, with a visor of 1.6mm steel plate.

- The items are to be sold as a pair.
- I would like £300 for the pair.
- Postage will be approximately £30 to the UK as these are heavy items
OR I would be willing to consider a pick up.
- If you are not in the UK, please PM me for Postage and Packing.
- If you pay via Paypal, I request the addition of 3% to cover the fees incurred.

Thanks for looking.

“In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use.”
- Achille Marozzo, 1536

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: German Visored Sallet and Bevor St George ArmouryRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic