Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion swords, Brescia Spadona and ThegnRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Travis C.

Reading list: 1 book

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Albion swords, Brescia Spadona and Thegn         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I am selling off two of my Albions to help with the home theater fund. Up for sale are:

Brescia Spadona in perfect like new shape. Selling at 30% off the new price which = $1379 + $15 to help with shipping. Like new condition. Never cut anything with this. Never sharpened. Only lightly handled. Has been on my wall ever since I got it. Black handle just like on the website.

Thegn with light brown (campaign) grip. Comes with medium brown leather scabbard with zoomorph design & baldric. Selling at 45% off the new price of sword alone which = $555 + $15 to help with shipping.
The scabbard has a leather worked design of two intertwined zoomorph sea beasts on the front in a lighter shade of brown. The baldric has the runes VARGULF in the futhark worked into the leather strap. Hand sewn stiching on back. Sword never cut with. I sharpened it with a diamond stone and a cloth wheel with jewelers rouge. The upside: It is SCARY RAZOR SHARP! The downside: Sharpening it left a few sharpening marks from the wheel. Not noticeable if hung up on a wall. Consider it less than a show piece but VERY 'duty worthy' and SCARY SHARP. NO secondary bevel from sharpening. Also, it has a slight flaw in the leather grip as shipped to me: There is a small round hole in the leather wrap that is approx. 2mm in diameter. The hole is on top of the light brown cord riser in the middle of the handle so this is also not very noticeable since the grip and riser cord are both light brown. Albion said they would fix this if shipped to them. I paid about $330 for the scabbard. This is a beautiful sword and the silver wire has since gained a slightly darkened patina that is characteristic of silver.

These are priced low to sell quick due to my recent home theater fever.
Both come in the white Albion boxes.
Great Christmas present to yourself if you missed the Albion sale, and without the wait.

I will try to upload photos of both tommorrow.

Please PM me for offers or questions. I will take Paypal (please add 1% to help with paypal cost), check, or money order, but check will have to clear first.

Travis Carr
Travis C.

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Swords Brescia Spadona and Thegn         Reply with quote

I neglected to add that regarding the request to add $15 to help pay for shipping, that the shipping is for U.S. only. My apologies. Also, photos should be up by 10:00am this morning central time (U.S.)
Travis C.

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Brescia Spadona and Thegn         Reply with quote

Photos of the Brescia and Thegn.

I need my whompin stereo speakers, so ... PRICE DROP on the Brescia: $1300 + $15 to help with shipping (paypal add 1% to help with cost). (Shipped to USA.)

Attachment: 105.27 KB
Imported Photos 00309.JPG

Attachment: 117.61 KB
Imported Photos 00310.JPG

Attachment: 118.82 KB
Imported Photos 00315.JPG

Attachment: 119.34 KB
Imported Photos 00314.JPG

Attachment: 114.75 KB
Imported Photos 00313.JPG

Attachment: 114.71 KB
Imported Photos 00304.JPG

Travis C.

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Brescia Spadona and Thegn         Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that there is no chape on the Thegn scabbard. And on the reverse side of the scabbard the baldric is fastened into place with two screws. Not very period, but it is on the under side so not very noticeable.

Travis
Travis C.

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Brescia Spadona and Thegn         Reply with quote

The Thegn is sold pending payment.

Travis
Travis C.

PostPosted: Sun 23 Nov, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: for Sale: Albion Brescia Spadona and Thegn         Reply with quote

The Thegn has been sold.

The Brescia is still up for sale for now.

Travis
Travis C.

PostPosted: Sun 23 Nov, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: for Sale: Albion Brescia Spadona         Reply with quote

Please note: I have decided to put my Talhoffer up for sale also, so whichever sword sells first, I will most likely decide to immediately remove and keep the other one. Thanks for understanding! Travis
Jeffrey Young

PostPosted: Mon 24 Nov, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

FYI- I have just "spoken" for the Talhoffer on the other thread, just waiting for a response to see if I was the first firm offer to purchase it. With it effecting the sale of the sword listed here I thought I would mention it.
Take care
Travis C.

PostPosted: Mon 24 Nov, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Spadona         Reply with quote

OK, the Talhoffer is sold pending payment, so I am removing the Brescia from this post.

I may put it up again after the holidays, but for now I think I have scrounged up enough cash for my upcoming purchase without selling another sword...

Thanks everyone.

Travis

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion swords, Brescia Spadona and ThegnRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic