Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: A Very Unique HauberkSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Christian Henry Tobler

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 19 Nov, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: For Sale: A Very Unique Hauberk         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello all,

I'm loathe to part with this piece, but having to drop a remanufactured engine into my car has me looking for ways to raise cash.

For sale is a one-of-a-kind riveted hauberk. This piece was made in Italy by a gentleman named Raffaello Mazzeschi, in probably around 1997 or so. It was owned originally by my friend, colleague, and fellow sword scholar Gregory Mele.

While the rings are of round stock, flattened at the overlaps, and of larger diameter than what is common on the market now, the piece is magnificent, and for several reasons:

- The links are blackened, but with some process that gives them an almost 'hematite' color and lustre.
- It's trimmed at the collar, wrists, and hem with copper links, which set against the dark links is quite spectacular
- the trim rings at the neck are tailored to form almost a standing collar, quite unique compared to the usual 'boat neck' found on production models today.
- Last, but not least, it comes in this really spiffy, hand-made, canvase drawstring bag. The bag has Mazzeschi's logo on an appliqued patch. The logo depicts a rendition of the famous "Battle Between Pride and Humility" 13th c. manuscript image.

I'm 5'11" and on me the piece is knee-length. It should accomodate up to around a 42" in the chest and is slit open at the neck to about a third of the way down the chest. It should lace closed there.

The piece ran me $1200 when I purchased it from Greg years ago - he was simply recouping what he paid for it. Recognizing that it's "not for everyone" given the larger ring size, I'm asking $800 for it. Shipping is included!

Here are pictures of the shirt, closeups of the rings, and the sack:

All the best, and thanks for looking!

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts
Christian Henry Tobler

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This is sold now. Thanks for looking everyone!

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: A Very Unique HauberkSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic