Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: KC "New model" 29" Kat and Wakizashi pairRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy Scott Steimel

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: For Sale: KC "New model" 29" Kat and Wakizash         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

KC "New model" 29" Kat and Wakizashi pair

This is the "New model" design KC rolled out a couple years ago I think it was. This particular katana and wakizashi pair is about 8 months old. I purchased them for practice cutting since it had been awhile since I've done cutting and I have a long in the works custom kat arriving soon. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take them out much and each blade has only been used to cut with once.

The blades are in "like-new" condition and were only used once for light target cutting. However, the koshirae (fittings) did not reach me from KC in good condition. The blackened tsuba, fuchi, and kashira all have some staining (but no pitting). The habiki on the katana was rusted on one side (good layer of orange rust upon receiving). Luckily, the blades had no staining or anything.

I never took this back up with KC because, well, these were not meant to be "pretty" pieces for me. Just something to practice with a couple times before I get an expensive custom blade in. I've cleaned the tsuba, fuchi, and kashira on both blades. There is no recurring rusting, but the black patina is definitely gone. I didn't mind this, though -- they wound up with a kind of interesting "aged" look. The only trouble spot remaining is the habiki on the kat. One side was stained semi-deep (not pitted). I've scrubbed it pretty clean, but it needs a bit heaver steel wool than what I have to get it fully clean.

Again, the blades are fine and for the most part, the fittings just look "aged." So, sorry for the long rambles, but I want to be sure any potential buyers know what they're getting.

New, this set would cost $430 + shipping. Due to the state of the fittings and these having been cut with, I'm selling them together for $250 shipped ConUS. They include the saya (scabbards).

Pictures:

The habiki on the kat: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/jstymie/tsuba-bottom.jpg

Picture of the bottoms of the tsuba: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/jstymie/kat-habiki.jpg

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeremy Scott Steimel

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Whoops, sorry, almost forgot: Feel free to either PM me here or contact me via email at j s t y m i e [at] gmail.com (remove the spaces)

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: KC "New model" 29" Kat and Wakizashi pairRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic