Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1st Gen. Albion CrecyRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jared Smith

Spotlight topics: 3

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 26 Mar, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: For Sale: 1st Gen. Albion Crecy         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I did not start out to, but seem to have built a "collection" of swords. I wish to offer my 1st generation Albion Crecy and home made scabbard if someone is interested in paying "average" forum price of just the sword for both. The guard on the sword is loose enough to wobble by hand a distance of approximately 1/16" total. I have not considered this bad enough to worry about repair. The grip itself remains firm as there is very little play in that region. Albion rebated the sword's edge (rounded edge, total thickness about 1/16") before shipping it to me. The furniture is cold chemical blued to a "gun gray" that takes on a nice patina making it less needy of oiling and polishing. It is relatively easy to deepen the blue with steel wool or take it off to varying degrees including completely back to original state with gray Scotchbrite (will furnish some if a purchaser wants it.)

The scabbard I made for it has a little bit of a gnostic theme that most will not comprehend or take offense to. The suspension is out of period but easily replaced since it is tied on with the exterior knot technique. No slits have been made in the scabbard leather cover itself, so it can be made period in a variety of ways (it does have risers.) The scabbard is wool felt lined and oiled completely throughout the interior, and has maintained good firm fit for over a year now. It is not up to the standard of some talented first timers, but much better than many I have seen offered at $100 or so.

I am asking $400 as is. I can have a professional knife maker put a good quality secondary bevel edge on it. I actually don't recommend it as I find visitors consistently reach for this sword, litteraly to grasp the blade itself, out of my collection (including the new Munich) first. If someone wants me to remove the bluing and take care of sharpening, I am asking $450. I will ship to anywhere within the continental U.S. If outside, I reserve the right to reconsider so as not to violate any laws or incur unexpected additional fees (not familiar with what they might be.)

Attachment: 41.66 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 62.3 KB
[ Download ]

Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1st Gen. Albion CrecyRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic