Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: MKopciuch/Artofswordmaking and Davis reproductions swordsRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bart M

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 20 Aug, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: MKopciuch/Artofswordmaking and Davis reproductions swords         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I have decided to downsize my small collection and have two very different custom arming swords for sale:

A lovely XIII century sword, a hybrid between a mounted knights' weapon and a sword and shield type. Also a replica of a historical original. By Davis Reproductions. I have to note that the scabbard, although simple, is very well made. It provides a great fit for the sword and sits comfortably at your side when moving around. My favourite part of this sword is the pommel. Together with a short grip, it provides superior control of the blade. It is based on a few originals. I have pictures on my computer, from the maker and my own research. This sword is new, unused.

davisreproductions.com/13th-century-sword-based-on-geibigs-sword-book/

A hybrid of type XV and XVI by Maciej Kopciuch. I was really impressed with aesthetics of this one when I saw it on the maker's webpage. It is not a typical sword, according to Oakeshott's typology but looks like one that might have existed in the past. I got it from a trade from its US owner. It was very carefully sharpened by the previous owner as it was dull from the maker (as is common with Maciej's swords). It also had plenty of scuffs from new. My favourite part of this sword is the guard. It has a shape that is deceivingly simple but complex at the same time. It is almost a weapon in itself. And, like a good sculpture, there is nothing left to remove. I have used this sword to cut a few pool noodles and water bottles which added a few extra scuffs.

artofswordmaking.com/gallery/stella-aurea-ii-14thc

I imported both of these swords from the USA, which meant a lot of extra cost. That must be reflected in my asking prices, unfortunately. I would love things to be simpler and cheaper for EU customers, but it is what it is.

Davis Reproductions sword and scabbard - 1400eur

Maciej Kopciuch sword - 1100eur

Shipping in EU or worldwide at cost.

I took some pictures recently. I can send them by email.

Attachment: 153.38 KB
[ Download ]
Bart M

PostPosted: Sun 20 Aug, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I forgot to add two pictures which served as inspirations for the Davis Reproductions sword.

Attachment: 35.85 KB
43a41-42b-2bce91cebdcf84ceb9ceb3cf81ceb1cf8....jpg

Attachment: 876.33 KB
[ Download ]
Bart M

PostPosted: Sat 26 Aug, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kopciuch is sold. Davis still available. Will include a WW2 German bayonet for free with the Davis sword.
Bart M

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price lowered to 1300 for the Davis sword. I don't think I want to go any lower for this one. I believe it's a reasonable price for a custom sword with a custom scabbard from a US maker, on a European market. This is a unique and well made sword. I have learned everything I could from it and I'm reducing my collection to bare essentials and firm favourites.

Btw. someone drew my attention to the fact that the website is now offline. Here are the stats:

blade length - 85cm

handle length - 9cm

blade width at base - 44mm

pob - approx. 12.5 to 13cm

weight - 1250g

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: MKopciuch/Artofswordmaking and Davis reproductions swordsRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic