Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Maciej Kopciuch Early 14th Century SwordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brian K

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Maciej Kopciuch Early 14th Century Sword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Maciej Kopciuch Early 14th Century Sword ~ Stella Aurea 2

I would like to move this one on, as it falls more into the "work of art" category than "cutter", for me. I have not cut with it.

This is a great example of any early 14th century sword - midway between fully thrust-oriented and still half-dedicated to the cut.

It is also has a long reach for a single hander, with the blade being about 32.5", and that would make it a battlefield or cavalry sword. More photos and specs here: http://artofswordmaking.com/gallery/stella-aurea-ii-14thc

The grip leather is more of an oxblood color, now that it is set in.

The grain of the steel is very "organic" - at least it contrasts from a machined, flat look. The blade itself is very consistent and true - no wobbles or low/high spots that I can notice.

The blade is sharp, but not paper-cutting sharp, although it would only take a few passes to make it so. It is the perfect level of sharpness for a sword you want to display and dry handle.

The sword has a few marks from its manufacture: one area about 8" from the blade tip and another in the guard slot. Please see the photos so you are not disappointed by these minor "flaws"; to me it imparts an organic, authentic look, but that is for you to decide.

I will ship this insured, with signature required, in its original box. US, lower-48 only. Paypal only. Please use "Send to Friend" or add 3% to cover fees when using "Goods & Services."

925 shipped

Attachment: 553.76 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 765.3 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 559.38 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 405.61 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 417.29 KB
[ Download ]
Brian K

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 20 Apr, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: UPDATE         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I sharpened it up (belt) and gave it a paper cutting edge. The point is wicked.

I could not help myself and cut/poked exactly two (2) thick plastic bottles - so the blade will bear a little evidence of this if you look closely. I will post a few more photos soon.

Now that it has been cut with - price reduced to 860 shipped. Selling because I need to fund other projects.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Maciej Kopciuch Early 14th Century SwordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic