Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Count w/ DBK ScabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joshua R

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Albion Count w/ DBK Scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Want to sell:

One Albion The Count (steel pommel) longsword and one DBK Custom scabbard.

I bought both of these in 2010. The blade is in excellent shape, having never been used for anything but display and coated lightly in Slip2000 EWL oil. The pommel has a slight, but not unpleasant, asymmetry. I have not been able to care for this sword as well as I should have and some spots of rust have formed, chiefly on the pommel, but some also on the "bottom" (facing the pommel) of the cross-guard.

(Near the hilt in this image)

There are also a couple areas where the heat scale does not appear to have been completely removed before the sword shipped to me, one on the blade (on the side opposite Albion brand) and a bit on the cross-guard (on the same side as some of the minor rust):

(Near the right edge near the cross-guard in this image)

(Far from the hilt in this image)

The scabbard fits perfectly, as anyone who has handled a DBK Custom scabbard can attest. This unit was made sword-less. I requested the scabbard be made with a sort of very-late Viking motif: As though made for a pagan Norseman after the end of the Viking Age. Hence the dragon, ravens, and valknuts. The belt was sized for my US size 38 waist.

I had hoped that Brian still had the scabbard in his gallery, but it appears that he has removed it. Therefore, I do not have any further pictures of it, at this time. But I can add them, if desired.

I'm asking $1800, shipped to your door. PayPal or Postal Money Order preferred. Would prefer to ship only within the US, at this time. The sword and scabbard will ship in the rather excellent shipping box that Albion used to ship the sword to me.

Thank you for looking!

" For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny).... "
-N. Machiavelli, The Art of War
Joshua R

PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Additional photographs         Reply with quote

Sword in scabbard:

Hilt and "top" of scabbard:

"Middle" of scabbard:

"Bottom" of scabbard and chape:

Bare blade near the hilt (brand side):

Tip of blade (brand side):

Overall blade (opposite brand):

Buckles:

Belt end tips:

" For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny).... "
Joshua R

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Price drop         Reply with quote

Now asking $1700USD shipped.

Joshua R

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Final price drop (and a bump): $1500 shipped to your door.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Count w/ DBK ScabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic