Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Del Tin 2153 and Custom ScabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 10 Feb, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Del Tin 2153 and Custom Scabbard [SOLD]         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Del Tin 2153 15th Century Sword with High-end Custom Eric McHugh Scabbard

Click image for larger photo

This is another setup I hate to sell, but there are immediate expenses to pay. I originally bought this simply because I wanted the scabbard. I've been wanting a high-end scabbard for a long time. The fact that it's mated to the 15th century Type XV sword means that this kit isn't exactly in my collection's focus. As such, I'm going to see if I can sell it to somebody who's more into that period than I am. The scabbard on this kit is extremely nice, being amongst the most historically accurate replicas you'll find. It's one of Eric McHugh's "breakthrough" scabbards as he was transitioning into the more accurate scabbards that history brought to us. All the metal fittings on it are individually hand-made. It has the necessary taper, both distally and in profile, that the authentic ones had. Simply put: it's awesome.

Click image for larger photos

Check out our Hands-on Review of this sword model.

Del Tin 2153 15th Century Sword with High-end Custom Eric McHugh Scabbard
Original: Circa 1400-1450

This sword has fittings cast of steel containing subtle details of shape and decoration of an authentic sword. The hardwood grip is of waisted octagonal shape and is covered with black leather. The large wheel pommel has a pronounced central disc with recessed details.The blade starts at its base as a hexagonal cross-section containing a shallow fuller and then turns into a robust diamond-shape at about 30% of its length. Despite the sword's acutely-tapering shape, the diamond-shaped point maintains a strong foundation behind the point.

The scabbard, a wooden core covered in oxblood-colored burnished leather made by Eric McHugh of Albion Armorers, was custom-ordered to resemble a style commonly found during the 15h century. Its details are highly historical in appearance and are beautifully executed. The cross-section of the scabbard tapers both distally and in profile, having a very thin cross-section while remaining structurally solid. The metal furniture was hand-cut and pierced by Eric.

Overall length: 36.75"
Weight: 2.9 pounds
Width of guard: 8.25"
Blade: 28.5" long; 2" wide at base
Fuller: 7" long
Grip and pommel: 7.25"
Point of Balance (PoB): 2.75" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~16.5" from guard

Very good condition. Never used for cutting. Only used in "dry handling". The retail price on a new DT2153 is $344. To get a custom scabbard like this from Albion will cost you around $600, or even more, and has a two-year backlog. That's at least $944 for the kit.

ASKING PRICE: $660 shipped UPS CONUS. Reasonable offers considered as I'm not certain what to ask for this.

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 10 Feb, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sale pending, awaiting payment. If you're interested in this item, please shoot me a note in case something happens with the sale and I'll add you to my contact list.

Cheers.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jonathon Janusz

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 10 Feb, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: hijacking thread for just a second. . . i know, i know. . .         Reply with quote

you couldn't buy the scabbard for that price!

Nathan, this set has been one of my favourite among your collection since i first saw it. i like the proportions of the sword (although i prefer the newer fullered version of the blade).

now, the scabbard.

i have no words; i just hope i can get myself a piece of art that nice some day.

[sheds a tear for Nathan's sacrifice. . . the sword is fine and can be replaced, sure, but that scabbard is a treasure.] Sad

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Del Tin 2153 and Custom ScabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic