Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Maciej Kopciuch Custom Type XVI with scabbard and suspensionSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Maciej Kopciuch Custom Type XVI with scabbard and suspension         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Sword is a collaboration with Maciej Kopciuch. Its German inspired. Its a Long-sword. Its 15th century modeled on some samples Maciej was able to identify in local collections. More about it on Art of Swordmaking internet site which is here: http://artofswordmaking.com/gallery/german-longsword-15thc

Measurements:
total lenght 1130mm
blade length 890mm
blade width 51mm
grip 180mm
crossguard 180mm
balance ca. 80mm
weight ca. 1280g

Suspension will fit a fairly large fellow, or somebody a bit smaller, as I'm a fairly large fellow who like to think of himself as medium build. :-)

Looking to move this because I want/need some other things and I just bought a Nissan 370z. Its a ton of fun but it burned through my toy money about three years sooner than planned. Then I had to put new tires on it...man getting the right tires for a sports car for the first time was a surprise (did it wrong the first-time).

Looking to sell and I have $2300 tied up in this project, so let's start there. Unlike the production stuff this is unique, distinct, and really hand forged. Its also completely positively mint having only been pulled out of the box.

I will cover shipping in the Continental US.

Attachment: 76.23 KB
one.jpg

Attachment: 105.39 KB
two.jpg

Attachment: 94.19 KB
three.jpg

Attachment: 61.13 KB
four.jpg

Attachment: 80.23 KB
five.jpg

Attachment: 90.18 KB
six.jpg

Attachment: 67.99 KB
seven.jpg

Attachment: 72.6 KB
Concept drawings [ Download ]

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: A few more shots from different angle on different surfaces.         Reply with quote

A few more shots from different angle on different surfaces.

Attachment: 66.52 KB
DSCN0247 (4).jpg
a

Attachment: 59.21 KB
DSCN0248 (2).jpg
b

Attachment: 62.61 KB
DSCN0250 (2).jpg
c

Attachment: 64 KB
DSCN0251 (2).jpg
d

Attachment: 41.45 KB
DSCN0252 (2).jpg
e

Attachment: 34.22 KB
DSCN0253 (2).jpg
f

Attachment: 56.25 KB
DSCN0254 (2).jpg
g

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 03 Sep, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Partial trades         Reply with quote

Might be open to partial trades. If you have some kind of idea might as well ask!

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 04 Sep, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Straight up trades         Reply with quote

Will consider outright trades as well but most interested in coming away with some cash.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 05 Sep, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: In response to questions...         Reply with quote

...about straight up cash, yes, I will consider offers that are not equal to my $2300 investment in this project. In fact, if you'd love to pay more just because you like this sword that much, I doubt I would argue. However, assuming that is not the direction people intent to go, yes you can shoot me a offer for less than $2300 in cash and I might accept it.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 09 Sep, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Cash offer         Reply with quote

At this point I'd be willing to accept a cash offer (PayPal) of $2000 which is a $300 discount on what I've paid. Since I don't charge shipping to keep things cleaner for everyone, that ends up being a discount too.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still available, ready to ship, looking for a good home!

Still sale or trade or some combo thereof.

Will consider offers.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: How about a bump?         Reply with quote

At this point I'd be willing to accept a cash offer (PayPal) of $1950 which is a $350 discount on what I've spent for this sword and scabbard. Since I don't charge shipping (simpler that way), that ends up being bit more discount too.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 23 Sep, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Gravel bike discount!         Reply with quote

For a few days I'll let the sword, scabbard and belt go, and cover CONUS shipping, for $1800 flat because I found a bike I want. Again. That means I'm willing to eat $500 of my original purchase price (+the shipping) on the deal. It also means you get to wait for about a week to get your hands on something that took around a year to get to me.

If the bike sells out from under me before the sword sells, my asking price goes back up.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 26 Sep, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Desperate times I guess...         Reply with quote

...that darn bike is calling me so how about $1750 for the whole lot and I cover shipping CONUS.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 01 Oct, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

For trades I'm most interested in pieces from A&A, Albion and let's say Lutel (to good one).

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 03 Oct, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Clarificaiton...         Reply with quote

I called this sword a collaboration and I've had some people ask what that means. To be correct and precise, its his work and sweat and effort. Its a joint design on which he did most of the research. So I really wish I could edit this post to just say the sword was made by Maciej. No can do. Anyway, dumb description choice on my part.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 10 Oct, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: New bike song continues!         Reply with quote

...that darn bike is calling me so how about $1711 in quick cash (paypal) for the whole lot and I cover shipping CONUS.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 15 Oct, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: bump-ity-bump         Reply with quote

I'm also dropping my ask to $1695 because my darn Speedplays are biting the dust and DuraAce replacement pedals are not cheap. I cover shipping CONUS insured and prefer PayPal because its easy, no extra charge for it. I'm now asking $605 less than I have into the sword. You also don't get stuck waiting a year of more.

So, how about $1695?

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Original photos         Reply with quote

The staging (at least) on these are better than mine. The original pics:

http://artofswordmaking.com/gallery/german-longsword-15thc

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will consider shipping this sword back to Europe or to Canada, however, I will not include shipping in my asking price in that case. Shipping and insurance go up pretty significantly in my experience once I get outside the US. So if you're not CONUS I will consider a transaction but I will want to look at shipping separately so we both know what we're getting into before confirming a deal. Thanks!

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Today at the Post Office!         Reply with quote

I learned today that USPS will ship this sword in its packed state internationally at a decent rate, BUT, they will only insure to $500 on international shipments. I've had an Albion Munich go missing during an international trip with UPS (they found it after about a month). Its rare but it happens. That means FedEx or UPS is the option I'd choose and that means probably $200 or $300 (maybe more) for the shipping and insurance when going outside the US.

Willing to negotiate but not willing to eat all of that at this asking price.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 02 Nov, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: UPS shipping to Europe with Insurance is...         Reply with quote

...more in the $300-$320 range. Can be done but its not a budget options. Have not checked FedEx because my potential buyer in Germany balked at that cost, as did I. FedEx is usually more.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 04 Nov, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Lots of interest but still no deal done...         Reply with quote

So, how about $1685 and I will cover the shipping CONUS (insured, tracked, all that good stuff). Will consider sales outside the US but I'm not going to cover all the shipping in that scenario.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 14 Nov, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Still available still talking through options.         Reply with quote

Because I'm bumping this and I hate bumping by itself, I'll cut my ask to $1675 and I will still cover the shipping CONUS (insured, tracked, all that good stuff).

Will consider sales outside the US but I'm not covering all the shipping (it was going to be ~$300 to Germany for reference).

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Maciej Kopciuch Custom Type XVI with scabbard and suspensionSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic