Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > sword reference check: patrick Barta sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lance Morris

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: sword reference check: patrick Barta sword         Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I have an opportunity to purchase this sword from a fellow forum member. I just want to check and made sure everything is correct.

Who owns this sword?
Wasn't it up for sale a little while ago?

If you have any info let me know

Thanks

Attachment: 78.14 KB
z.jpg

Attachment: 72.78 KB
z1.jpg

Attachment: 71.34 KB
z2.jpg

Attachment: 74.71 KB
z4.jpg

Sebastian Szukalski

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

From what I know it was sold a few months ago, listing here (https://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=34200).

Not sure what their name is here on myArmoury, but a reddit user bought it a few months back.

edit: I've alerted him, he should be here soon.
Randall Levine

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Caution!         Reply with quote

Hey there - I am the owner of that particular Barta sword; bought it a few months ago from the original owner. It's
not for sale. I'm not sure who is telling you otherwise, but he/she is trying to scam you.
Randall Levine

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here it is, just to confirm. Smart of you to check into
this with the forum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWORDS/comments/5yv5ek/my_new_to_me_patrick_barta_viking_style_sword/?st=J3LHJTZR&sh=fa268eaa
Martin Buckley

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is concerning. I think you should probably alert Nathan or one of the other mods to this.

Good luck
Lance Morris

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: So glad I asked         Reply with quote

Hello guys!

I love our group. I'm so glad I asked

A formite: John Hahnel - is trying to sell me your sword and scabbard using your post and pictures for $1300.

He is an active member - admin - can we ban him asap please?

I can post the emails or share if that helps.

People can be such pricks.

On another note, how is the sword? I really like his work. Got my first Barta last month
Christian Short

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Barto sword         Reply with quote

On a unrelated note there is a Knecht for sale on here that is suspect. It doesn't look like a Albion
Christian
Randall Levine

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the way this turned out for you friend - very disappointing. But since you asked, it's a really magnificent piece. Patrik is known for his pattern welds of course, and this one is a monosteel sword, but he still found a way to make it iconic. It is light and fast, but has a lot of oomph, great for cast blows. (Not that I'd ever actually cut with it.) The previous owner who commissioned it took great care of it. It is a close copy of the original artifact from swords of the viking age, but the decision to do the grip in bone was genius.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWORDS/comments/6483ss/what_are_you_all_up_to_this_weekend/?st=J3MF7QXP&sh=8329bdaa

It just makes the sword completely unique and memorable. The DBK custom scabbard is very nicely done too. If I ever do decide to part ways with it you'll be the first to know.
Randall Levine

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: So glad I asked         Reply with quote

Lance Morris wrote:

On another note, how is the sword? I really like his work. Got my first Barta last month

I almost forgot to ask --- which Barta did you get last month??? Pics? I have two as well, and I'm always on the hint for another. I'm hooked - I'd trade every other sword in my collection for another Barta. Which, price wise, would probably be about right actually.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: So glad I asked         Reply with quote

Lance Morris wrote:
He is an active member - admin - can we ban him asap please?

I can post the emails or share if that helps.

It would really help me if you report the post in question instead of expecting me to read every post, interpret everything, find the topic in the marketplace that matches your issue, and act on it. Seriously, even a private message to me with a link to the listing and member in question would be better than a random comment in an entire topic. Help me help you, man.

Also, posting emails would be against our rules of conduct. Please don't do that and cause me additional problems.

Common sense alone shows red flags with the listing and the brand new member with no history of participation. Given what I have read here, I've looked into it and deleted the listing and removed the member's ability to post until he responds to me with something that provides some sense of security that he is a real member. I do not expect to get a response due to many factors I won't share in public.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Lance Morris

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Heyyyyy         Reply with quote

Hello Nathan,

Thank you very much. I just hopped on now actually to write you. I was just working lost yesterday and didn't get a chance .
Ioppolo Jacopo

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Im in contact with John Hahnel...Was about to buy an Albion Gallowglass but right now i feel a bit skeptic any one know John? Thanks
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ioppolo Jacopo wrote:
Im in contact with John Hahnel...Was about to buy an Albion Gallowglass but right now i feel a bit skeptic any one know John? Thanks

Simply read this topic. All the info you need is right here. I wrote this:

Quote:
Common sense alone shows red flags with the listing and the brand new member with no history of participation. Given what I have read here, I've looked into it and deleted the listing and removed the member's ability to post until he responds to me with something that provides some sense of security that he is a real member. I do not expect to get a response due to many factors I won't share in public.

How does that leave you a bit skeptical? It is crystal clear that this member was fake and not to be trusted.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > sword reference check: patrick Barta sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic