Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Pollaxe From Royal Armoury Stockholm Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kim Jansson

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Pollaxe From Royal Armoury Stockholm         Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out the origin and age of this pollaxe. Does anybody know of any similar or other information? The curator does not belive itīs an 19th century copy and appreciates it to be at least 200 years old. There is one similar in the wallace collection, A925, and a fight manual by Peter Falkner.

Description:
(translated by me and google translate)

DIMENSIONS
Length : 2245 mm
Width: 225 mm
Length :blade 417 mm
Weight : 2101 g

Straight stabbing point of diamond cross section and rectangular base . Ax blade with convex edge and pointed ends . The edges extended to a low point. The hook pointed with a straight bottom and sloping upper side . The point of the hook wider and closest quadrilateral . At the cross a side tip, 41 mm long and quadrilateral . On the opposite side a threaded hole . Open socket in the form of two wider rails , L 120mm , fastened with two rivets continuing in 520 mm long, narrow rails with pointed end . Originally attached with five rivets each ( three missing) . This is also posted on the armsandarmour forum.

Pollaxe - picture from the museum

More pictures from the museum

Regards
Kim

*edit : sorry for the bad links, better pictures added,

Attachment: 340.13 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 254.99 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 401.71 KB
[ Download ]

Last edited by Kim Jansson on Fri 09 Sep, 2016 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I fixed your links in the post. Please make sure you use the preview function to re-read your post to make sure it works before you post it. Also, look at our info pages to see how to get the tags to work and our photo attachment guide for help with that aspect. Your attached photos are tiny and can be much larger.

(The "more pictures" link likely won't work over time due to the way the museum has their Web site set up...)

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Pollaxe From Royal Armoury Stockholm
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic