Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Higher end Chinese DaoRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Robert Muse

Feedback score: 100%
(2 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Higher end Chinese Dao         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I mostly collect custom made Anglo/Norse blades, but this has one of the most stunning blades I have ever seen on any sword.

It was made by Lyues Swords, sold for $875 and is totally new in every way.

Sword specification:
Overall Length: 40.5 inch/ 103cm Blade Material: AISI 1095 high carbon steel+folded steel Nagasa Length: 28 inch/ 71cm Saya Material: High quality Rosewood
Handle Length: 7.8 inch/ 20cm Handle Material: High quality Brass+Hand carved
Saya Length: 31 inch / 80cm Fitting Material: High quality Brass+Hand carved
Condition: Brand new

1. BEING FOLDED 12 TIMES MADE OF AISI 1095 HIGH CARBON STEEL+FOLDED STEEL IN SANMAI STRUCTURE
the blade is constructed in SAN MAI style with clay tempered craft. It is made of two different kinds of steel, the folded steel and 1095 high carbon steel. The outer steel is made of folded steel, and had been folded 12 times to create 4096 layers to create great strength and flexibility with a distinct waved texture left on the blade resulting from folded repeatedly during the forging. The core steel of the blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel with great hardness of itself. In this way the blade is hardened in a large degree.
2. CLAY TEMPERED LEFT WITH A BEAUTIFULLY REAL HAMON ON THE BALDE
After the below process, the blade has been throughly clay tempered, first the back of blade is covered with a special clay, then the whole blade has been tempered and later quick cooled during quenching, this result in a harder edge. In this way, a beautiful real hamon on the blade comes into being as a result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering).
3. POLISHED BY MULTIPLE GRADE ABRASIVE STONES
At last, the surface of the blade is polished with multuple grade abrasive stones to increase the hardness of the blade for better function and left with a white visible abrasive area on the surface of the blade.

Brass fitting are hand carved.

This is in the US and you can buy from a known seller.

$775 check or MO please. Includes shipping in the US.
Thanks for looking
Robert

Attachment: 91.61 KB
004.JPG

Attachment: 87.63 KB
005.JPG

Robert Muse

PostPosted: Sun 04 Oct, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Dao         Reply with quote

I got a question asking if this is a real sword or a display piece. This is my take on it.

Hi thanks for your interest. Well some of your questions I can answer. How heavy? 3.12 pounds, POB is about 2.75 inches form the guard. So it is hilt heavy, not blade heavy like most reproductions of western sabres.

The forge spent much time explaining the many steps that went into making the blade.

Is it a display piece? Well that depends, is my Patrick Barta sword a display piece? Well of course it is. Would I bet my life on it defending me? Yes, I would.

Is this Dao equipped with a stunning San Mal blade, it is and with a real harmon. Would I want to chop things with it. No, not because it wouldn’t,
I just would not want to mar it up, but I would not feel amiss defending myself with it.

Hope that helps. I also posted this answer.
Best Regards
Robert
Robert Muse

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Holiday Special         Reply with quote

Hi,

To get in the Holiday Spirit I will offer this a at great discount until the end of the holidays.

I have a chance for a commission, I really want, so will let this go for $675 delivered in the US,
Payment by check or MO. Since this is at a loss, I can take PayPal if you wish for an extra 3%

Thanks for looking
Robert

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Higher end Chinese DaoRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic