Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: French Officers Mid 19th Century SmallswordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Alex Sangster

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 18 Jan, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: For Sale: French Officers Mid 19th Century Smallsword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi all,

I am selling a French Officers Mid 19th Century Smallsword. The sword has an outstanding hilt retaining just about all of its original silver finish with fine original mother of pearl grips. There is some minor looseness to one of the peices of mother of pearl, but nothing serious.

The sword has an excellent 30 ¾ inch blade of triangular section showing some very minor oxidation toward the tip. A large amount of original blue and gilt finish still remains. The sword has its original silver finished brass mounted leather scabbard showing loose stitching and wear to the leather (The chape hangs loose due to the leather splitting away from the chape in places, but could be restored).

The scabbard fits the sword perfectly and their is no looseness between the hilt and blade.

I have tried to be as honest as possible in the above description, and can provide additional pictures if required.

I am asking £375 GBP, but will consider reasonable offers. I would rather ship to the UK; Overseas buyers would have to arrange collection and delivery. I will cover half of the shipping costs if sold in the UK, with the remaining half paid for by the buyer. Overseas buyers pay all shipping costs. Payment by bank transfer.

Pictures are available to view here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124281411@N04/sets/72157650288928216/

Thanks for looking and feel free to message me with any questions Happy
Alex Sangster

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jan, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Looking to sell quickish so how about £340? Reasonable offers considered.

If you have any questions please just ask :-)
Alex Sangster

PostPosted: Sat 31 Jan, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quick sale required - now £300 for a lovely sword that has nearly all it's original blue and gilt and a very intricate design. All offers considered :-)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: French Officers Mid 19th Century SmallswordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic