Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Hammers and Axes and Blades, Oh My!Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: For Sale: Hammers and Axes and Blades, Oh My!         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I’ve decided to have another clear-out of all the swords and bits and bobs I no longer use or appreciate. Hopefully someone else out there will enjoy them more than me!
All prices below include UK p+p. You can contact me by PM or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk. Cheque and bank transfer accepted, as well as paypal although I don’t like the charges they impose. If you fancy paying cash on collection, I’m in Leeds, and could knock a little bit off the price.

Hanwei Banshee - £100 inc p&p
A few scuffs to the scabbard, as per photos, but not very noticeable. Hasn’t been used for cutting, and the button lock is still strong. Very solid, light brush-cutter. Can be used one-handed, or turn on the power with two!
Comes with the adjustable clip-on belt.
Stats (taken from Orientalweaponry.co.uk):
Blade length: 21”
Grip length: 11.5”

Vintage Large bowie - £110 inc p&p
This is a massive Bowie! I have no idea as to the maker/ manufacturer: it could be home-made. The only markings are ‘i.w.d’ stamped into the blade, guard, and scabbard.
The blade is thick, wide, and 14” long, making it almost a shortsword. The grip is antler, and the cross is very thick brass. The cross is irregularly shaped, which makes me think this might be a home-made jobby.
Comes with a handmade leather scabbard which looks to have been made at the same time as the knife.

Windlass German Mace - £45 inc p&p
This originally came with a black painted finish to it, similar to what you find on ‘tactical’ swords, knives, tomahawks, etc. Which is not only ahistorical, but was also prone to chipping and scratching. It also had Windlass’ standard leather wrap: a strip of shiny leather, stitched up one side.
I removed all of the black paint, and cold-blued it to a nice gunmetal grey. I also removed the leather wrap which was uncomfortable and slippery, and wrapped it with leather thong instead, improving the grip. In my opinion it looks an awful lot better now!
Stats (taken from theknightshop.co.uk):
Overall length: 24”
Weight: 2lb

Windlass German Warhammer (antiqued) - £40 inc p&p
A lovely, solid piece of kit. The grip is chunky and brass-studded for extra grip. The head is cast as one piece with the langets, and pinned in place on the haft. Can’t go wrong!
Overall length: 21.5”
Head: 5”
Weight: 2lb

Hanwei short bearded axe (antiqued) : £30 inc p&p
As standard, comes with a leather sheath for the blade. I’ve sanded down the haft and oiled it.
Blade length: 4”
Overall length: 25.5”
Weight: 2lb 7oz

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

Hanwei francisca (RRP £67) - £40 inc p&p
As standard. Again, I’ve sanded and oiled the haft. This is the later version, I think, with the curved haft. It’d make an awesome thrower, but I’ve never played about with it, so no chips or nicks to the blade.
Blade length: 3.5”
Handle length: 17”
Weight: 1lb 3oz

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

Windlass Scottish dirk x2 - £75 each inc p&p
Got two of these: both as new, only taken them out to wipe the grease off them and take these photos.
The carved wooden grips fit the hand nicely, and make the dirks very comfortable to use, allowing for a decent grip even without gloves. They have hammered-steel grip furniture, and a wood-core, leather-wrapped scabbard with steel throat and chape.
One fits a little loosely in its scabbard, while the other is a bit more snug. First-come-first-served will decide on who gets which!
These come with their factory edge, so butter-knife sharp, but could be sharpened easily.
Stats (taken from Southernswords.co.uk):
Total length: 53cm
Blade length: 38cm
Blade thickness at base: 5mm

Lutel Katzbalger 13007 + Scabbard - £160 inc p&p
I’ve tried selling this before, but it looks as though katzbalgers aren’t in very high demand! RRP from Lutel is £325, plus wait time and postage, so I think that this new, lower, price is a deal!
A lovely solid little sword: the blade is very sharp and, although the tip is spatulate, it’s still shaving sharp! A lenticular blade cross section and multiple fullers make it very handy, as does the massive pommel and intricately twisted and recurved cross.
Comes with a thick red leather scabbard with brass chape.
Stats:
Blade length – 26 5/8”
Blade width at cross – 1 ½”
Overall length – 32”
Weight – 3lb 0.5oz

Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As I can't seem to find a way of editing my posts, here's quick update on the above items:

Katzbalger - Sold
Mace - Pending
Hanwei Francisca and Bearded Axe - Sold
Windlass War hammer - Pending

Everything else still up for sale.
Many thanks,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump to the top!

Banshee - Pending
Katzbalger - Sold
Mace - Sold
Hanwei Francisca and Bearded Axe - Sold
Windlass War hammer - Sold

Bowie and dirks still available - go on, treat yourself! Or make me a (sensible) offer: the worst I can do is say no. Big Grin

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 04 Aug, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bumpety bump!

Banshee, Bowie, and Dirks still available! Big Grin
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just to flag a little price drop:.

The Banshee is now going for £90 including UK P&P
The massive Bowie is going for £95 including UK p&p
and the Dirks are now going for £60 each, including UK p&p

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 18 May, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi All,

Everything sold now apart from the Banshee. Now £90 including UK p&p and paypal fees.

Thanks,

Ant

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Hammers and Axes and Blades, Oh My!Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic