Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Angus Trim Hand-and-a-half backsword/ SabreSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 09 Sep, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: For Sale: Angus Trim Hand-and-a-half backsword/ Sabre         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi All,

This is a prototype backsword from Angus Trim. I’m not sure if he pursued the design or not, as I’ve seen other backswords/ sabres of his, but not like this one. For a little light reading about its early stages, please take a look at the SFI thread here: http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.p...ord+cutter

Stats:
Overall length: 42”
Blade length: 32 ¾”
Grip length: 7 1/8”
Weight: 1.38kg (sorry – scales are metric!
(I’ve just noticed that the measurements I took last night might differ slightly from those posted above, but they’re close enough to allow for a little error on my part!)

This is a dedicated cutter: very blade-centric, but handles nicely. It just wants to cut! The blade is long and thick: very meaty. It has a visible secondary bevel which I haven’t bothered to polish out, seeing as this was common on lots of Gus’ blades at the time.

It came with Gus’ standard bare hardwood grip, and had a few scratches and rust-spots on the blade and furniture. I managed to polish most of them out, although there are still a few scuffs present, but nothing that detracts from the beauty of the piece.

I also blued the furniture, and wrapped the grip. I’m rather pleased with the wrap-job: it’s dyed a lovely lustrous chestnut. I’m no professional grip-wrapper, though, so there are some gaps in the reverse of the grip where the leather wouldn’t stretch over the risers… you can see these in the pics. As it’s a hex-nut assembly, it’d be easy enough to re-wrap yourself, though, or strip back down to the bare wood.

It’s hard to see from the photos, but the last couple of inches of the blade is slightly re-curved –a feature of the blade that I really liked. I also have a second lantern-shaped pommel which I will include with the sword, so you can play about changing them over, etc. the second pommel is slightly lighter, significantly altering the handling characteristics.

Asking for £200 for this one, including p&p in the UK. Postage elsewhere can be split, but I’d need your postal address to calculate shipping.

Paypal accepted, if buyer is willing to pay the fees. Or I’ll take cheque/ cash or bank transfer. Pm or e-mail me if you’re interested: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Thu 12 Sep, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Dear All,

This has now been sold. Many thanks for your interest.

Best wishes,

Ant

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Angus Trim Hand-and-a-half backsword/ SabreSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic