Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: A&A German Branch Sword, Custom Dagger, & Misc.SOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lori M.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: For Sale: A&A German Branch Sword, Custom Dagger, &         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello! I'm new to the forums because it's been over a decade since I've been anything close to a sword buff. I got these Arms & Armor pieces almost fifteen years ago, actually. I never did get into combat, though, so they pretty much just hung on the wall.

Now, though, I'm married with toddlers, and so all of our bladed weapons are in storage. Every time I remember to pull them out to clean them I'm terrified that they're going to be covered in rust, and they really deserve better than that. I'm hoping somebody will be able to give them a good home.

Photos are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/dragonloth/SwordPhotos?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN_bxeTf7JnYCA&feat=directlink

The German Branch Sword is the older version of this:

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/sword078.html

As far as I can tell, my sword is slightly shorter in all dimensions and the blade has less of a taper. The grip also has more of a twist. Mine measures 36.5 inches, 29.5 in blade length and 7 from pommel to crossguard with a 4 inch grip, and the crossguard measures 4 inches across. The blade has no nicks, no gouges, no problems(that I know of). There are some very light rust spots. It's unusual in that it has no maker's mark. It's never been used, in fact, the edges have never been sharpened. The hardware is brass, and the ring in the middle of the grip is mildly discolored. It is light, but it has a nice heft to it. It is still the most beautiful sword I've ever held.

My dagger is most similar to this:

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/dagg062.html

The hardware is also brass, and the guard/quillon is twisted with a more pronounced point at the middle. The grip is unsealed walnut. It measures 14 inches in length with a 9 inch blade and a 3 inch grip. The dagger was a gift from an ex-boyfriend to be a companion to the sword, and so I'm not 100% sure if it's an actual custom design to match the sword, or if it has just been discontinued. The maker's mark is clear. Like the sword, it's never been used, so the blade is pristine, with little to no rust.

I've cleaned them regularly with nevr-dull, but they're otherwise untouched. Both come with sheaths included. I also have a left-handed sword belt I'm willing to throw in or sell by itself if someone wants it.

The set cost almost a thousand dollars at the time I got it, and the new Arms & Armor weapons would cost over $1200 plus shipping, and they're in excellent condition. I'm asking $550 for the sword and $100 for the dagger, or $600 for the set (plus shipping), but I'm willing to entertain offers.

I also have a cheap sword and a badly-made bat'leth, if anyone's interested. I think they're both stainless steel. The bat'leth is longer on one side than the other. The sword isn't that bad, but it's not good, either. Send me an offer if you want either of them.

Paypal only.
Lori M.

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Pending         Reply with quote

The dagger is pending, and possibly the sword too.

The cheapies are still up for grabs, and maybe the sword belt too.
Lori M.

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: dagger sold         Reply with quote

The dagger is sold, but the sword is still available. Asking $550 for sword+scabbard with priority shipping included COTUS.

Here's the relevant information from above, so you don't have to muck through the novel up there:

Photos are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/dragonloth/SwordPhotos?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN_bxeTf7JnYCA&feat=directlink

The German Branch Sword is the older version of this:

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/sword078.html

As far as I can tell, my sword is slightly shorter in all dimensions and the blade has less of a taper. The grip also has more of a twist. Mine measures 36.5 inches, 29.5 in blade length and 7 from pommel to crossguard with a 4 inch grip, and the crossguard measures 4 inches across. The blade has no nicks and no gouges, but there are some very light rust spots. It's unusual in that it has no maker's mark. It's never been used, in fact, the edges have never been sharpened. The hardware is brass, and the ring in the middle of the grip is mildly discolored. It is light, but it has a nice heft to it. It is still the most beautiful sword I've ever held.

Also, I wanted to clarify that this is a regular sword. It was purchased at the Arms & Armor retail store in the Mall of America, and the swords they sold there were intentionally left slightly dull for shopper's protection. It's not a practice/stage combat edge, just somewhat dull.
Lori M.

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Bump         Reply with quote

Just a reminder that I will entertain any offers, so if you're interested in this sword, PM me and we'll talk.
Lori M.

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Sword still for sale         Reply with quote

The dagger is sold, the sword is still for sale. I'm moving and I don't want to have to take it with me, so I'm dropping the price to $450 for the sword + dagger + belt - priority shipping included COTUS. This is a great chance to get a gorgeous piece on the cheap, especially since it's an A&A that isn't available anymore.

Also, as soon as it sells I plan to make a donation to the site - better here than eBay.
Lori M.

PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: I'm so sorry         Reply with quote

Above, it should have read sword + SCABBARD + belt, not dagger. The dagger is sold.

I REALLY want to sell the sword too. Make an offer if you like it.
Lori M.

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Sword still for sale         Reply with quote

The sword is still available. $400 shipping included (continental US only).
Lori M.

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Final price drop         Reply with quote

I'm reducing the price to $350, shipping included. This is the lowest I'm willing to go, so if you're interested, speak up now.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: A&A German Branch Sword, Custom Dagger, & Misc.SOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic