Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Jody Samson Broadsword For SaleRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
George S. H.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 04 Dec, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Jody Samson Broadsword For Sale         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I'm selling my Jody Samson custom one-of-a-kind broadsword. This sword was made by Jody and given to an actor from the Conan movie as a personal gift. I obtained this sword after the actor brought the sword and one of the Conan daggers (also a gift) into a Reseda, CA pawn shop in 2005.

The sword is one of Samson's earlier works, likely made before the move to Albion in the mid-1980's, but possibly late '80's or early '90s. It has a great 27.75" hollow-ground blade, signed by Jody and sporting the Samson logo. It has a brass cross-guard and pommel, and really nice cocobolo wood grips. The handle is 5.5" from end of pommel to top of crossguard. I have large hands and it fits me very comfortably.

The sword has great balance, as all of Jody's swords do. It seems to have just the right weight. This is a real sword, not a display model, prop or show piece. The sword is sharpened on both sides and has a sharp tip. The blade steel is 5160 and sports a mirror polish.

The sword is in excellent condition and the blade has no scratches of significance. I have spoken to a few Samson sword experts about this sword and shown them pictures of it, so I have a pretty good idea as to the sword's history, materials used, and estimated value. If you have any questions, just ask! The sword comes in a Gun Guard case. Here are some pictures of the sword, followed by a link to more. I'm asking $1150 shipped or best offer. Thanks

Link to more pics: http://www.pbase.com/balisong/jody_samson_sword

Happy
George S. H.

PostPosted: Mon 06 Dec, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price reduced to $1000 or best offer. Thanks
George S. H.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Dec, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This sword has been traded. Thanks

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Jody Samson Broadsword For SaleRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic