Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 2 Customs, 2 ATrims, 1 Arms and ArmourRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 14 Jun, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: For Sale: 2 Customs, 2 ATrims, 1 Arms and Armour         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

OK here I go again with my annual move "some swords out" sale so I can move a few new swords in. All of these are in the category of "will probably regret selling this later" but maybe one or two of these will find a good home. However, I want to point out up front that I don't have to sell all of them, so if a few of them sell, I will remove the others from sale. This time around in addition to the ATrims and A&A rapier, there are two customs I am offering for sale.

Paypal preferred and I will not charge a paypal fee. If you want to buy with a check or a postal MO that is fine too - with a check I will ship once the check clears. Prices are for CONUS but if outside CONUS just let me know and we will work out the extra shipping. If you need a payment plan - thats OK too I know money is tight for many folks right now and I have done that before with mA members and we'll talk and see if we can work something out.

1. Jim Hrisoulas Claymore. 54.5 inches overall, 40 inch long blade. Blade is forged and hand ground 5160. Weighs about 2200 g (4 lbs). This is sharpened. Jim has made only a few of these really big blades. The handle wrap is outstanding. This sword comes with a leather sheath with two rings for hanging from a baldric. Would probably look great with the Albion Claymore Baldric. I am asking $600+ shipping for this sword. Shipping could be steeper than normal because of the sword's size - I'll need a custom box for this - so plan on $640-650 bucks..........

2. ATrim Type XV Model 1404. Total Length: 35, Blade Length: 28.5, Grip Length: 4, COP: 19.5, POB: 3.75,
Blade Width at Base: 2.3, Weight: 2 lbs. 15 oz.
This is a very stout single hand Type XV made out of 0.36 inch barstock. Gus only makes these on custom order AFAIK and when you examine the stats on this sword you will find it is not in the range of any production sword currently on the market. Check around and I think you will find that 90% of swords on the market (yes including Albion) are made from 0.25 inch barstock. The sword weighs 1350 g, but through the combination of nonlinear distal taper and linear profile taper the POB is at 3.75 inches and the sword handles really well . This sword feels much more substantial than the Albion Poitiers or A&A Henry V sword, and is very much a no-nonsense weapon of the late 14th, early 15th c. Point control is nearly perfect with this one, and yet it cuts soft targets well. Has a.... mace quality to it.... in that you wouldn't want to get hit with this in the head even when wearing your helm if you get my meaning. This is one of the few swords I have that would easily punch through 18 gauge and my buff leather coat. Would be a great sword for someone who has a 14th c. kit and was into early 100 years war (would make for a great kit pairing with a XVa warsword like the A&A Black Prince sword). Sword has only seen very light cutting experiments and is still in great polish. Comes with a leather sheath. I am asking $450 + shipping for this sword.

(one other thing to note...... I like doing Tai Chi with this sword - its one of the few western swords that I feel that way about)

3. ATrim quad fullered Type XIIIa. This sword is brand new from CF - just received it from Idaho last week. You can view it at Christian's website. If you are on the list for one of these and are waiting - or if you are not on the waiting list and want to jump to the top and get one - here is your chance - I love this sword but my upcoming custom job requiring funds is your opportunity to own one of these without the wait. I haven't done anything with it the past week other than oil it. Looks like a monster cutter. I'll give a little discount too.... how about $525+shipping.
http://tinyurl.com/m2bep8

4. Arms and Armour Cavalier. Blued hilt components, wire wrap on handle. The craftsmanship here is just outstanding. Although it is listed as a rapier, I would say that it handles like a sword in the cut but does has a pivot point that gives it the feel of a rapier in the thrust. Its a military sword of the early 17th c. It is one of the only A&A swords to have a thumb ring. This sword has only been used in drills and I have never cut with it and its basically in brand new condition. Patrick Kelly did a review of the sword here on MA which you can read. It comes with a simple, undyed leather sheath. I will sell for $800 plus shipping.

5. Finally, I will offer my Tinker Type XVIII one more time.
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ker+riding
This is a unique sword with specs that will not be found anywhere in the production market right now. Its a small, fast in hand, stiff diamond section, cut and thrust Type XVIII riding sword. Will sell this custom Tinker for 500 plus shipping. Will include the standard black leather sheath. At that price you could strip the hilt and send to Michael and he could re-hilt it for you for far less than the cost of making the sword new. Still in great polish.

<>
If interested in any of the above swords please send me a PM here. Thanks for looking!!! TR
Thom R.

PostPosted: Sun 14 Jun, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

oops, bad link for the Tinker Sword, try these

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/shinumo/DSC01404.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/shinumo/DSC01401.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/shinumo/DSC01400.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/shinumo/DSC01399.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/shinumo/DSC01398.jpg
Thom R.

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lots of trade offers and a few cash offers for the Claymore. I appreciate the trade offers but I am not interested in trades at this time. The Claymore is still available but I am likely to close on one of the cash offers for it soon............ at $600 that's about 50% of new............

How about this - I have five swords for sale right now and I will sweeten my offer. If you buy two swords, I will take an additional $100 off the total price. Swords must ship to the same location and be paid by the same person. tr
Thom R.

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jun, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Claymore sold and shipped

Buy two and get $100 off no longer applies.

A&A Cavalier $720+ shipping
ATrim 1404 Type XV Arming Sword $380+shipping
ATrim Quad Fullered Type XIIIa $475 +shipping
Tinker Type XVIII Arming sword $470+shipping

I am going on vacation for a week and will be checking in but slow to reply to PM's
Thom R.

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Working out an offer on the Cavalier (although not sold yet)
Final fireworks price for other three swords and if one more sword deal closes I am removing the rest from sale:

ATrim 1404 Type XV Arming Sword $360+shipping
ATrim Quad Fullered Type XIIIa $475 +shipping
Tinker Type XVIII Arming sword $450+shipping
Thom R.

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Claymore sold; Tinker type XVIII sold
Cavalier pending
ATrims still for sale
Thom R.

PostPosted: Thu 09 Jul, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Funds raised, sale is over, thanks everyone! tr

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 2 Customs, 2 ATrims, 1 Arms and ArmourRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic