Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Out of Print Arms & Armour Resource ArticlesSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Don Stanko

PostPosted: Sat 01 Mar, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Out of Print Arms & Armour Resource Articles         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have a series of articles taken from publications like the Antiquaries Journal, Journal of the British Archaeological Association and the Arms & Armour Society. Each is individually bound and in good condition. Most are Pre-1960 and one goes back to 1938. Many notable authors are represented. I will sell these individually or as a lot.

1. A Late Medieval Sword from Ireland by James Mann. 15 Pages with 8 plates. $5.50

2. Some Medieval Sword-Pommels: An Essay in Analysis by Ewart Oakeshott. 17 pages with one B/W plate and many drawings. $6.50

3. The Military Collections of the Castle Museum York by Robert Patterson. 22 Pages and 5 B/W plates and many drawings. $5.50

4. A Medieval Sword in St. Johns Museum, from the Antiquaries Journal. 2 pages and 1 drawing. $2.00

5. A Sword from the Thames at Wallingford Bridge by V. Evison. 30 pages, 10 B/W plates and many drawings. An excellent resource material with great photos of iron inlays!!! $12.50

6. Five Viking Period Swords by L.R.A. Grove, from the Antiquaries Journal July 1938. 7 pages with drawings of five different vikng swords. $5.50

7. The Origins of the Hungarian Sword Style by M. Sabo. 12 pages and 7 drawings covering from the La Tene Period through the Migration Period. $7.50

8. Graves with Swords at Little Wilbraham and Lnton Heath by David Kennett. 20 pages an 2 B/W plates and drawings. $8.50

9. Swords and Runes in South-East England by Sonia Chadwick Hawkes and R. I. Page. 26 pages with 4 plates and many drawings. A great resource!!! $10.00

10. The Palace of Westminster Sword by G. Dunning. An incredible resource with 50 pages and 15 full size pages of B/W plates. Mny different swords photographed in detail. $15.00

You can purchase them individually or buy the whole lot for $70.00.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be of any interest to anybody but I have 26 Museum Replicas catalogs, starting with issue #9 and going through issue #42 (missing issues 10-11-25-26-29-32-33-36). $5.00 for the lot.

PM me if you have any questions. Buyer is responsible for shipping charges. I accept personal/certified checks and paypal.

Thanks for looking!
Don Stanko

PostPosted: Tue 04 Mar, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The following titles are now sold:

2. Some Medieval Sword Pommels by Oakeshott.

4. A medieval sword in St. Johns Museum.

7. The Origins of the Hungarian Style Sword.

8. Graves with Swords at Little Wilbraham and Linton Heath.

10. The Palace of Westminster Sword.

And the Museum Replicas Catalogs.
Don Stanko

PostPosted: Sun 09 Mar, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The following articles on sale for $35.00:

1. A Late Medieval Sword from Ireland by James Mann. 15 Pages with 8 plates. $5.50

3. The Military Collections of the Castle Museum York by Robert Patterson. 22 Pages and 5 B/W plates and many drawings. $5.50

4. A Medieval Sword in St. Johns Museum, from the Antiquaries Journal. 2 pages and 1 drawing. $2.00 (I got another copy)

5. A Sword from the Thames at Wallingford Bridge by V. Evison. 30 pages, 10 B/W plates and many drawings. An excellent resource material with great photos of iron inlays!!! $12.50

6. Five Viking Period Swords by L.R.A. Grove, from the Antiquaries Journal July 1938. 7 pages with drawings of five different vikng swords. $5.50

9. Swords and Runes in South-East England by Sonia Chadwick Hawkes and R. I. Page. 26 pages with 4 plates and many drawings. A great resource!!! $10.00

Many great photo plates in #5 & #9. Paypal accepted and shipping should run about $4.00.
Don Stanko

PostPosted: Mon 10 Mar, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Articles sold pending payment...

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Out of Print Arms & Armour Resource ArticlesSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic