This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

On behalf of my fellow living history group member Mark Lewis -

It is with much regret that I am putting my English Armour up for sale. Due to severe back injury, I will not be able to wear it again.

It is a full harness less the gauntlets. It was based on Toby Capwell's book The Armour of the English Knight 1400-1450. It took a year to research the design. Then 2 years to make. Made by Armour Services Historical. It is made from mild steel 1.2mm to 2mm. Steel hinges. Steel and brass rivets. Brass buckles and Veg tan leather straps. All inside surfaces painted black for rust protection.

This has been made with a high level of skill and little details only found on high end armour.
This harness would have been worn around 1410 to 1420. I this to re-enact a
English Knight that would have been at the Battle of Agincourt 1415.
English armour at this time was more heavily built and more protection given to the legs as they fought on foot more of the time than French or Italian Men at arms. This Armour was made to be as authentic as possible.

Helmet.
This was raised from a single sheet of steel just like the original method(not 2 halves welded together) and represents a Hound skull Bascinet that has been converted to a Great Helm
The Hound skull visor has been replaced with the more rounded one. Authentic linen liner.

The Cuirass
Front breast plate. This is just plain with brass buckles and is joined to the back plate with pinned hinges so can be separated for cleaning and transportation.
Back plate. This a made from 3 pieces riveted to together. Black leather straps with punched pattern.
This Cuirass is not join to the plate skirt(Paunce of Plates) which is worn separate. The Cuirass fits over the skirt and locks in place when buckled up.

Paunce of Plates
This is made of 4 hoops in 3 segments and closes at the back. This is put on first, then the cuirass is
put on and locks in place over a rim on the Skirt. Brass buckles and black leather straps punched with same design as brass strips on leg and arm armour.

Arms
Fully articulated shoulder plates and full enclosed upper arm cannons. Lower cannons are fixed with sliding rivets and the wing protectors are round. Arms have hand punched brass strips. Brass buckles and black punched leather straps.

Besagews
Bean shaped, two sets one with leather straps and one set with holes for direct pointing to mail

Legs
Fully enclosed upper leg armour(cuisse) this was mainly an English thing as they fought on foot most of the time. Round wing protection and inner wing on the poleyns.
Fully enclosed greaves with wide ankle to make fighting on foot easier.
Brass punched strips for decoration
Greaves have a slot and attach to demi greave with a rectangular turn pin and have no demi greave strap. All straps are black leather and brass buckles. Brass decoration strips with hand punched pattern.

Sabatons
Fully articulated with reinforcing plate worn over upper half. Solid back plate. Brass buckles and black straps.

Mail
Half shirt with leather front closure with points
Mail skirt with leather belt band and rear closure
Mail Mantel with leather banding and hook closure at rear
Mail voiders attached to hose at back of knees to infill between upper legs and greaves
Mail voiders attached to shoes to infill gap between Sabatons and greaves

Total weight of Armour is 65 lb with the mail it is around 80 lb or 37 kg

I am selling this for £6000.

The armour has been set up for display and will come with all that you can see in the pictures. Wooden stand, arming jacket, hose with mail voiders and arming shoes. It would be perfect for a Museum quality display.
It was worn no more than 6 six times. Only for show and tell and has not been in any fights. It has signs of wear, minor scratches and marks that armour picks up with wear.

If this was to be purchased to wear, It has to be born in mind that this Harness was tailor made for me, wearing full arming clothing and mail.
I’m 5 foot 6 tall and of medium build. 32 in waist, 41 in chest. Size 8 shoe. It could be altered by a good Armourer, but how this could be done would have to be sorted out by the purchaser.

Viewing will be advisable. This can be arranged for any time to suit. I live in Hampshire near Winchester.

I can supply more pictures and answer any questions.
I would prefer only to deal with UK based purchaser.

Please contact me via email at the following, marky2459@gmail.com

Attachment: 166.62 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 230.25 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 209.9 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 159.3 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 245.97 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 274.98 KB