|Posted: Tue 01 Apr, 2014 4:02 am Post subject: For Sale: full 15th century halbardiers Armour and weapons
I have for sale armour and equipment suitable for a high end interpretation of a halbardier/ billman in mid 15th century Europe. The armour is of a simple Milanese style with a slightly patinated hand filed finish. It looks absolutely fantastic but if you like your armour highly polished, this is not for you. I must be clear that this armour has not been ill cared for in any way, I just desired a more believable finish rather than the all too ( inappropriately) common high mirror polish. The hand filing gives a very authentic aged look to the pieces.
The armour is made in 1.6mm and 2mm mild steel by a talented Russian Armoury called Art of Steel.
I have a 40" chest, a 34" waist and am 5'11" tall. My head is a 59cm circumference. All armour was made to fit me with a thinly padded arming doublet and maille so that should give you a good idea of if it will fit
The items I have for sale are:
1. A Milanese full cuirass made of two layers with a short two lame fauld. £450
2. A Barbute with a T-shop vision slit and a hand sewn linen liner. £200
3. A Del Tin Italian 15th century falchion. Rebated but only 1.5mm edge £190
4. A cap a pie 7mm wedge riveted maille standard backed with thick leather. £100
5. A reenactment safe bill. Solidly built with a bit of surface rust £50
6. A thinly padded short jack. Entirely hand sewn made from high quality natural linen. £250
7. A pair of simple mitten gauntlets £100
If anyone is interested in buying the whole lot I will give a massive discount and let the whole lot go for £1100 instead of my total asking price of £1240
I will also throw in a free hat and any other bits I can find as a sweetener if it all goes in one lot.
Collection from Ashbourne area is preferred. Or I will meet within an hours radius of derby area.
Will post everything apart from bill and sword. Shipping will be additional
For pictures email me at email@example.com