forum functionality improvement
just a quick note, for the board use... think this is the most appropriate forum to stick it in...

if "quote" and "report" are going to be next to each other, would it be possible to either have an "un-report" function that cancels the reporting if its accidentally clicked?
Moved to the appropriate forum: the suggestions, requests, and support forum.

I don't think this is necessary.

Clicking "report" does not simply report a post... it goes to an interface that causes the reporter to explain why something is reported and then submit it to the moderators... it's not a one-click action.

Go ahead, hit the [ Linked Image ]button on this post to see the next screen.

If people happen to hit "report" they are given a very clearly different interface than a forum post interface with 2/3 of the interface occupied with explicit instructions as to what a post report is including this statement at the top: You are submitting a Post Report to the moderators.

Withdrawing a report actually leads to several forms of abuse.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Moved to the appropriate forum: the suggestions, requests, and support forum.

I don't think this is necessary.

Clicking "report" does not simply report a post... it goes to an interface that causes the reporter to explain why something is reported and then submit it to the moderators... it's not a one-click action.

Go ahead, hit the [ Linked Image ]button on this post to see the next screen.

If people happen to hit "report" they are given a very clearly different interface than a forum post interface with 2/3 of the interface occupied with explicit instructions as to what a post report is including this statement at the top: You are submitting a Post Report to the moderators.

Withdrawing a report actually leads to several forms of abuse.

0 out of 10 for observation scored by me, failing to spot the "Suggestions, Requests and Support" sub-forum.

ooops.

and it was actually a post that already had a "reported" flag, and as I clicked to reply, hit report instead of quote, and got a "already reported" announcement. was kicking myself as I thought I'd accidentally sent a report unintentionally.

Ah well. goes to show, I am in fact, a village idiot, lacking a village. :)
ta.
You had a good point... which is why I tried to make the next screen so explicit as to not be confused with a posting screen.

It's ironic that you accidentally hit the button on a post that was already reported. That's kind of funny, actually!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: