For Sale: Albion Clontarf
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Greetings,

I have ended up with an extra beautiful Albion Clontarf that I am putting up for potential sale.

Details on the sword can be found at: http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...ontarf.htm

Quote:

The Clontarf
Viking Type K
This style of Viking era sword is referred to as a Type K hilt in Petersen's Typology, due to the distinctive five-lobed pommel and straight guard. Find places for this hilt form are broadly distributed across Europe and as far south as the Balkans, dating from the late 9th into the late 10th centuries.
The hilt components are investment cast in mild steel from original waxes carved by Leif Hansen under the direction of Peter Johnsson, based on Peter's first-hand examination and documentation of period originals of this type. The blade is classified as a Geibig Type 2 (which some consider a sub-classification of the Oakeshott Type X), hand-ground from 1075 steel to a fine satin finish, heattreated by hand in the Albion Forge Shop. These swords will be sold sharp, unless otherwise requested by the customer.

Specifications
Overall length: 35.875" (91 cm)
Blade Length: 30.375" (77 cm)
Blade width: 2.25" (6 cm)
CoB: 6.375" (16 cm)
CoP: 20.625" (50 cm)
Pivot Point: 19" (46 cm)
Weight (approx.): 2.25 lbs (1 kilo)
The Next Generation Clontarf (Type K)... $680
Limited Edition of 100

Make offer if interested. New these were $680. Never been used for cutting. Black grip. Gorgeous condition.
PM Sent

PM Sent .......................................................................................................................................................................
PM Sent

PM Sent .....................................................................................................................................................................

I should have posted in the origional post. The blade has a name etched into it. Its the previous owner's sons name. The work was done by Patrick Thaden and is in Gaelic.

I am looking into the posibility of having the name buffed out.

Either way, the blade is still 1 of a 100 production run.

I am taking the blade off the market. Thank you for your requests.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: