Go to page Previous  1, 2

Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
73%
 73%  [ 73 ]
Very Good
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
Good
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Fair
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 100

Oh. BTW, the helmet is shokaku-kabuto--in this case "shokaku" referring to something like "beak" or "protrusion," not exactly "ramming." But the difference isn't that far.
Lafayette,
Thanks for taking the time to help us sort this out. Much of it seems to be how terms translate into English vs. other languages. Since we're an English-language site we'll try to standardize those a little more.

A few were typos that weren't caught in editing. Speaking only for myself as one of the editors of this piece, every term looked like a typo to me since I'm not versed in this subject. :)

I compiled an easier-to-read list of changes and sent them to Nathan. They'll get updated as soon as schedules allow.

Thanks!
Thanks to Lafayette for his helpful input and willingness to contribute to the efforts here.

Cheers to you.
I'll have to warn all of you, though: check with another source if you can. My knowledge of Japanese armors isn't that deep and my Romaji translations might be misleading in some cases. For example, I'm still not sure about whether the "folding helmet" is a chochin or a chojin kabuto because I haven't found out what the kanji ("Chinese" letters) for it are.

Interestingly, Romaji (the transliteration system I use) is partially based on English orthography--the consonants are supposed to be pronounced as in English, while the vowels are pronounced as in Italian. Maybe we could add that little piece of info to the endnotes? It's not strictly necessary, though.

Last but not least, I shouldn't forget to mention that I wouldn't have done this if I didn't consider the article good in the first place. Without Boris's groundwork my suggestions would have meant nothing.
Yes, Very good.
I knew this site yesterday, so I look around new topic.

And I determine participation this vote.

Conclusion...It's so Cool and interesting :D
Re: Yes, Very good.
Welcome to myArmoury.com, Jemin. I think that you will find the entire site to be cool and interesting!
Jemin Park wrote:
I knew this site yesterday, so I look around new topic.

And I determine participation this vote.

Conclusion...It's so Cool and interesting :D
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: