Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > For Sale: Custom knife by Chuck Hawes Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: For Sale: Custom knife by Chuck Hawes         Reply with quote

Repost from elsewhere -- hate to have my second post on myArmoury be a sales post, but that's just timing.
If anyone is interested, please feel free to email me @ jsteimel1981@hotmail.com

Thanks, and take care.
-JS

PS

the pics are too large to post inline and I can't resize since I'm at work. Please go here to see pics:

http://home.insightbb.com/~j.steimel/pics/mosaic.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~j.steimel/pics/front_blade.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~j.steimel/pics/full_blade.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~j.steimel/pics/fold_pattern1.jpg

-------------------

I picked this beauty up at a Gun and Knife show a few days ago. The knife is absolutely amazing, but that's kind of the problem. I had gone in wanting to get something more intended for utilitary use or a good dagger (or hissatsu). Which is not to say I don't think this blade could take the damage -- it's by Chuck Hawes who is an extremely talented gentleman and he insists that despite the fact that his knives are beautiful, they're designed to be tough for use. Nonetheless, I'm just always weird about actually using damascus blades.

The knife was marked at $275, however I got it for $225. Price if sold will be $215 (which will include shipping via USPS Priority, which is what I've always had the most success with). If anyone has any interesting trade offers, make them, but at this time I think I'd prefer to sell the blade. But again, I'm open to offers.

Stats:

Total Length: 10"
Blade Length: 5 3/4"
Guard thickness: 1/4 "
Handle Length: 4" (no buttcap)
Steels Used: 1095 and 203E
Layers: 520 in random pattern
Guard material: Brass
Handle Material: Sambar Stag

EDIT: A few more things I forgot to mention. 1) As you can see in the picture, the stag handle is contoured. 2) The blade is differentially heat treated -- 58RC edge, and while I can't remember the exact number for the body / spine, I believe it was 48.

As I said, there is no buttcap. Mr. Hawes used a mosaic pin on this piece.

There are some pictures below -- I apologize for the poor quality. Please also keep in mind that the coloring if off -- the whites of the staf are pearly white and beautiful; this is a new digital camera that I'm still getting the hang of (somehow made it look a little yellow-ish). Again, it's an absolutely beautiful piece (and IMO underpriced, but again I will not out-profit the smith), but it just doesn't quite fit in with what I was trying to do with my follection.

PM if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!
-Jeremy

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price drop to $175 which will included USPS Priority in the continental US.

Last bump. Wink
-JS

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > For Sale: Custom knife by Chuck Hawes
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic