Cutting this weekend
Greyson Brown came down and spent the weekend with us here in the cultural meca of southwest Kansas. We did a little cutting in the backyard and even managed to do some shooting out in the county sand pit. I thought I'd share a few photos of the cutting. (no photos of the noise makers as I didn't think to take along a camera)

Since Greyson's a polite young man I let him hold my Big Johnsson. :D
[ Linked Image ]

I tried out Greysons Albion Squire. I like this one very much and found it to be a quick and responsive sword.
[ Linked Image ]

Would a cutting session be complete without the Svante?
[ Linked Image ]

Unfortunately we couldn't seem to get our timing on the shutter down, so only a few satisfactory pics were obtained. As usual, lemon-sucking facial expressions and bad form were in evidence but we managed to have a good time none the less.

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Mon 19 Mar, 2007 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The lemon-sucking face just means you were concentrating, right? Glad you two had a good time. Did Greg come along with the St. Mo or the Gallowglass?

Cutting is fun, I can feel a hint of springiness in the air today, and it is making me excited.
Looks like fun! Glad to hear you guys had a good time--this was one weekend I couldn't find time to cut. I also wish I had such a nice variety of cutting implements . . .

Max
Did the Reeve get to participate in the cutting exercise?
Kenton Spaulding wrote:
The lemon-sucking face just means you were concentrating, right? Glad you two had a good time. Did Greg come along with the St. Mo or the Gallowglass?

Cutting is fun, I can feel a hint of springiness in the air today, and it is making me excited.

Greg couldn't make it this time, as he and Linda were down in Texas visiting her family for spring break. If I'd asked him real nice he might have left his swords with me but I doubt it. :D
Roger Hooper wrote:
Did the Reeve get to participate in the cutting exercise?

Yes it did. As always it's one of the most pleasant of swords to cut with, due to its handiness. I believe Greysons reaction was: "I want one".
Well he's gonna have to get in line behind me. I'm ordering one very, very soon. My Senlac hasn't even arrived yet, and I need to order another :lol:
You two look like you were having fun. Almost as much fun as I was having at Gulf Wars :p
Robin Smith wrote:
You two look like you were having fun. Almost as much fun as I was having at Gulf Wars :p

At least I remembered the photos! :p
Patrick Kelly wrote:
I believe Greysons reaction was: "I want one".

Indeed it was, but that was my reaction to almost all of it. I asked Patrick to remember me if his M1 Garand needs a new home, but somehow he wants to put his own kids ahead of me.

Somehow, the Svante does not grab me quite as much as it seems to do other people. If I had the opportunity to buy one, I wouldn't turn it down, but there are other things I want first. Still, it is a very nice sword, with a lot of attention to the little details, and excellent (if unique) handling.

I had a great time, and look forward to treating Patrick to a similar experience when he makes it out to Colorado some time.

-Grey
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Kenton Spaulding wrote:

Greg couldn't make it this time, as he and Linda were down in Texas visiting her family for spring break. If I'd asked him real nice he might have left his swords with me but I doubt it. :D

I supplied the cutting mats and you wanted my swords too?????? Sheesh!!!! :eek: :p :lol:
Actually, if I'd have thought about it I would have offered to let you guys play with the Gallowglass and St. Maurice. Especially since they keep calling to me; "Take me from this walllllll......cut with meee......." hahahahahaha.
Glad you guys had fun and sorry I missed it! Next time you're around Grey, I'll try and be there to have some fun too.
Patrick do you still own the Knight and if so did you do any cutting with it in this session. I've read the review you did but as I'm getting this sword soon I'm just interested in seeing it in action.
Greg Griggs wrote:

I supplied the cutting mats and you wanted my swords too?????? Sheesh!!!! :eek: :p :lol:

Yeah, yeah, you give and give and all I do is take. You're becoming such a wife. :p
Paul Watson wrote:
Patrick do you still own the Knight and if so did you do any cutting with it in this session. I've read the review you did but as I'm getting this sword soon I'm just interested in seeing it in action.

I don't have the Knight anymore. However, it is a very nimble sword with cutting characteristics very similar to the Reeve. No photos of that one I'm afraid.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: