MTA in Jamestown - this weekend
Just a reminder that Military Through the Ages (MTA) March 17-18, 2007 in Jamestown is this weekend.
If you are in the area, come out and see multiple reenactment groups representing Roman times through the present.
The weapons and armor of the earlier groups are sometimes very good, and it is usually a lot of fun. If you are out - stop by the Lord Greys (15th century) camp and say hi.
Gordon
Jamestown site: http://www.historyisfun.org/jamestown/jamestown.cfm

Lord Greys: http://www.lordgreys.org/
I have moved this topic to the Off-topic Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of general history and other miscellaneous topics relating to arms and armour that do not specifically fit our other forums"

Thank you.
Well MTA was a blast. Very wet and cold. I was in the camp next door to Lord Grey's on my first time out reenacting with LaBelle Compagnie. Once I have a chance, I'll post some pictures.

Congrats to Lord Grey's on their awards, BTW.
I thought there were folks in LaBelle's camp I did not know; you going to be at MTT next month Jonathan?

It is going to be a while before we get pictures on Grey's site as I have to wait for CDs to get to me from those who took photos.
James Barker wrote:
I thought there were folks in LaBelle's camp I did not know; you going to be at MTT next month Jonathan?

Yes, I will be at MTT and I hope to meet some more of the Lord Grey's folks. I did get a chance to chat briefly with Chuck Russell, and I examined the one Del Tin falchion on the table with Chuck and Scott Cozad.

My daughters, Meghan and Brianna, were also in costume at MTA: Meghan was the green dress and Brianna was the pink dress.
I was there with the Anglo-Saxon Camp as Eolderman Birhtnoth, the poor unfortunate who led the Anglo-Saxon fyrd in their attempt to defeat the heathen Danes at Maldon. Actually, I'm pretty healthy for someone who lost his head and was buried with a ball of wax in its place. I shall try tp post pics as soon as possible.

And, yes, it was wet as Hell on Friday and cold as the proverbial witch's t**t on Saturday. We even had snow flurries.

The A-S Camp may not participate in MTT, but I intend to come if at all possible, even if it is just as a tourist.
OK, as promised, here's a few pictures from the recent MTA. Hope you enjoy. I'm not sure how to get all the pictures to actually show instead of as a download.

Attachment: 122.05 KB
Fighting 101.JPG
Here's Bob and Scott in harness during the fighting demo.

Attachment: 124.85 KB
Here's Bob and I doing dagger practice from Fiore. I'm in the red and blue. [ Download ]

Attachment: 104.22 KB
Here's Will and Peter (Will is in harness) [ Download ]

Attachment: 103.2 KB
Will shows a guest his poleaxe [ Download ]
I have not looked at my 14th c arm armor since MTA, Scott better not have scratched it sword fighting with Bob ;)

Still waiting on the CD of images to reach me for Grey’s site
Jonathan Blair wrote:
OK, as promised, here's a few pictures from the recent MTA. Hope you enjoy. I'm not sure how to get all the pictures to actually show instead of as a download.

Please refer to the Attachment Guide in our info pages. Specifically, this:

Quote:
Why does my attached image appear as a link rather than displayed in my post?
Images that are wider than 800 pixels or taller than 800 pixels will be displayed as a link rather than embedded in the post. This allows members with dial-up connections to enjoy their browsing experience without having to download every overly-large graphic.
Lord Grey's images are now up:

http://www.replications.com/greys/Image%20Gallery/2007/MTA.htm

Here is a nice one of Gordon taking out a mellon:

[ Linked Image ]

Me doing some HWMA:

[ Linked Image ]

Chuck:

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: