novice designs
hi there ive been searching for a place to post some pics of the different designs and items i have made. i hope this is a proper forum to post pics. i really would like to show off the stuff i have made and get some comments an ideas for future items i make

so far we have made some shields,swords and some throwing weapons similar to a Chakram /shuriken mix

[/img]

Well, those are.... um..... different :eek:
Given that this is a historical resource, and those are not historically based, I'm not sure most of us can give you much feedback of value other than to say whether or not we like the look. That said they are distinctive and demonstrate creativity. The works are seemingly anime inspired. Based on size and form appear unlikely to function effectively, however, as artistic creations they have merit.

Are you happy with them?

Last edited by Joe Fults on Tue 13 Mar, 2007 5:47 am; edited 6 times in total
I'm never going to peg someone down a notch because I love it when I see people amking their own designs.

This is meant as constructive criticism, take it as you want. I don't want to be mean at all. On the contrary, I want you to learn ;)

First thing I noticed was that you made the handles round. Round handles are a very bad idea, especially on such large weapons as these. You need ample edge control and in order to do that an ovular shaped hande would work far better. Because circular shaped handles have no oddities that point to where the edge is, it is easy to get "lost" when you swing the sword and you might as well be hitting them with the flat of the blade.

Another thing: How much do those weigh??? Cut back on the blade size. There's no need for swords THAT bulky. Maybe in length, but not width.

On the second blade, why is it single edged, yet doesn't take advantage of a curved blade? When you go trhough the hassle to make something perfaclty straight, you might as well make the back side sharpened just for the sake of versatility.

On positive notes, I fing your designs to be vary neat and rid of most useless features that are common on a lot of fantasy blades. The steel is beautiful and I think you have the right idea, even though there is much room for improvement. But hey, I could do far worse ;D

Good job, but I'd like to see the progression(ing?) of your skills :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: