waster question
i am making a templar kit circa 1200 and when done was going to wear it to work for holloween since i might be considered unstable if i did it any other time of the year. but my question is since we have weapons restriction at work. can anyone point me to someone or somewhere i could get my hand on a wood waster. looking for something in this design http://www.myArmoury.com/review_alb_temp.html . since im not a wood worker making my own is beyond me. thanks in advance and sorry if this is in wrong area
[ Linked Image ]

mwart.com
Re: waster question
Jeff Hughes wrote:
can anyone point me to someone or somewhere i could get my hand on a wood waster.

Purpleheart Armoury Wooden Swords for Western and Eastern Martial Arts Styles.
www.woodenswords.com

I own 2 longsword wasters from them and they are absolutely fantastic. And lots of fun!
these both look nice. even if the gaurd seems to curved for my liking. was hoping more for the of the type 3 cross. with a g Pommel. may need to have one locally made to get that type but thanks for the links

edit : just found a short sword on second site that may work ss7 cross with disc pummel. would be close
No, the BEST wasters for the money are from New Stierling Arms at:

http://www.newstirlingarms.com/

If they don't have it in stock email or call them and they might be able to make a prototype/custom sword for your needs. Very nice people to work with and excellent wasters in both quality and balance.
New Stirling Arms makes darn good wasters--indeed some of the best on the market. I love my NSA longsword.

Another option is Hollow Earth Swordworks. They have a wide variety of mix-n-match grips, pommels, and crossguards. Solid products, but online customer service can be spotty.

BUT even though these options are excellent for training, drills, and sparring, they do cost a pretty penny.

If you are planning on only using this for costume purposes and are not planning on using the waster for hardcore training or sparring, then there's not much point in going with a top-tier pricy option when a considerably less-expensive waster will do. After all, halloween costumes are not about being fully functional, they're about looking good :cool:
Eric Allen wrote:
Another option is Hollow Earth Swordworks. They have a wide variety of mix-n-match grips, pommels, and crossguards. Solid products, but online customer service can be spotty.

Actually more like nonexistent. When I ordered my longsword waster they told me that the site hasn't been updated in years and they never check the e-mail (which explained why all my messages went unanswered). The phone number is current however. Just call them. They're good people to deal with.
I agree with Bryce and Eric about New Stirling Arms they make very good wasters. My long sword and side sword are a work of art. You will not be disappointed with one of their wasters.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: