Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Custom maded breast plates Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Vincent Triana

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Custom maded breast plates         Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows who i could talk to about custom making a breast plate for me? I was looking for something with the Knights of Columbus crest etched or engraved on the chest and then painted to stand out. (I don't know anything about fabrication so however the manufactorer says is best that would be the way i would have it done.) I haven't found anyone who could do it yet and thats where i am in the process, and here are some photos of what i am trying to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Vincent Triana

Attachment: 59.08 KB
breast plate.jpg
Here's the second one and the design i like best because of the metal outline around it.

Attachment: 54.28 KB
breast plate 1.jpg
Here is the first photo, minus outline.
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Depending on what you intend to do with the piece (Is it for wear or decoration? If wear, during what kinds of activities?), you might want to consider purchasing a breastplate, such as the one you used for your pictures, and then find an artist who is able to do the etching and painting. That might be simpler than looking for one person or shop that will do the whole thing, especially if you are looking for something local. I am not saying that a breastplate fabricator can't do the etching and painting, on the contrary, most of them almost certainly can, but it really depends on what specifically you want the breastplate for.

If you looking to buy a pre-made breastplate, rather than have the wholething be a custom project, I would strongly consider Arms & Armor's Trooper's Breastplate, but places like By The Sword, where your original picture apparently came from, might have more affordable alternatives.

-Grey

"So long as I can keep the path of honor I am well content."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
Vincent Triana

PostPosted: Wed 07 Mar, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: update         Reply with quote

This breast plate would be for wear in my wedding and at renaissance faires. I have opted out the knights of columbus crest for my family's crest and have decided to just have my crest painted on the breast plate by a local artist. I am currently in negotiations with someone who has responded to my post about fabrication of a breast plate for me. Thank you once again to all who have helped me on this endeavor. It is very much appreciated.

sincerely,

vincent triana

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Custom maded breast plates
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic