The Swordsman's Companion
I ordered The Swordman's Companion: A Manual for Training with the Medieval Longsword off Amazon in mid-December...and it kept being delayed and delayed (for more than two MONTHS), so I finally canceled the order today. If anyone would happen to know where this book would be in stock, I'd much appreciate their advice. Also, any suggestions of similar or comparable texts would be welcome.
Thank you
Try the publisher: Chivalry Bookshelf.
What Nathan said.

Bear in mind too that small publishers and niche authors receive many times the amount of money per book from direct sales than from sales through Amazon, so if you want your money to go to the people actually responsible for the book (and who hopefully will produce more) then please buy direct.

Cheers
Stephen (a very poor author)
Stephen Hand wrote:
What Nathan said.

Cheers
Stephen (a very poor author)

Poor author as in " starving artist poor " not as in " bad writer poor ". :p I'm sure the " pun " was intended at some level. ;)
I have a couple of his books bought directly from the small publisher and I think they are really good. :D
What Nathan, Stephen and Jean said. Down with middle men!

I'd like to add that I've always been pleased with the orders I've placed with Chivalry Bookshelf. Oddly, almost every time I've acquired one of their books either in a bookstore or from Amazon, the book looks as though it's been roughly handled somewhere along the line. The ones I get right from the source have been in great condition.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: