New lead figures from Del Prado.
I recently received these new figures from Del Prado, through the Sierra Toy Soldier Company and I thought some might be interested.
www.sierratoysoldier.com

These are all approximately four inches high. They're taken directly from various Osprey books and come with a pamphlet that's a condensed version of that particular book.

William the Conqueror
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

12th century Siculo-Italian Norman knight
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Alemmanic cavalryman, late 4th century
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Fri 23 Feb, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
HEY TURKEY!......errrr.....I mean buddy - you didn't tell me about these over lunch today! Sheesh, what a friend you are, LOL. They look pretty good. Thanks for posting the pics and link.
Hey Patrick!

I've seen these advertised in a magazine, Military Heritage I believe, and wondered about what they looked like up-close. Thanks for posting such nice photos of your new figurines. They look very well-done!

(Of course, you're always good at pointing out new things that I want to spend my non-existent money on, aren't you? ;) )

Stay safe!
Greg Griggs wrote:
HEY TURKEY!......errrr.....I mean buddy - you didn't tell me about these over lunch today! Sheesh, what a friend you are, LOL. They look pretty good. Thanks for posting the pics and link.

I knew I forgot to mention something. :D

BTW, the floor finish looks like it will work pretty well. I've got plenty left if you want to give it a try on your coif.
Richard Fay wrote:
Hey Patrick!

I've seen these advertised in a magazine, Military Heritage I believe, and wondered about what they looked like up-close. Thanks for posting such nice photos of your new figurines. They look very well-done!

I ordered around half-a-dozen of these quite some time ago. Apparently Del Prado's had trouble with delivery and Sierra had to send many of them back due to damage from improper packaging. They're starting to trickle in now. The detail actually looks much better in person, as you aren't up close and personal with a magnifying glass, like it seems in the photos. At around $25.00 a piece they're a pretty good buy when compared with similar ones in the $70.00 range.

Quote:
(Of course, you're always good at pointing out new things that I want to spend my non-existent money on, aren't you? ;) )

What can I say, it's a gift. :p
Patrick are my eyes playing tricks on me but the Alemmanic cavalryman look like he could be a direct ancester of yours. :p :lol:

I really really hope you like the look of that one. ;) :lol: Maybe it's just something about the little guys flinthard stare ?

Nice toy soldiers by the way. :cool: ( couldn't resist a little teasing, sorry. :D )
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Patrick are my eyes playing tricks on me but the Alemmanic cavalryman look like he could be a direct ancester of yours. :p :lol:

I really really hope you like the look of that one. ;) :lol: Maybe it's just something about the little guys flinthard stare ?

Hmmmmmm. I can see a bit of a resemblance now that you mention it. :eek:

Quote:
Nice toy soldiers by the way. :cool: ( couldn't resist a little teasing, sorry. :D )

As I told Greg just this afternoon, grown men who play with swords shouldn't be too quick to judge. ;)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: