myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion's new prices Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:
I'm not so sure. Take the Munich. When I placed my order in Aug 05, I reserved the price at $800. That was taking advantage of their $100 discount promotion for reservations. The price now is $1221. A what 35% price increase over the original $900 and over a 50% increase over my reservation. That's a huge increase in a year and 1/2 especially for a sword that isn't in production yet. Their minimum price increase of 10% a year is a lot when you take a look at the long term price increase and not just the 1 year increment.

I agree, though I don't know exactly how those prices were decided upon. The figures of 10 percent or 35 percent don't add up from the the said sword's previous price. I think the most staggering price increase was the Svante -- that one went up $800+ Eek!

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Travis Canaday

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:

I think the most staggering price increase was the Svante -- that one went up $800+ Eek!

Last time I checked the Svante was $2900... now it's $3,219.

Travis
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

C.L. Miller wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
What did you order, if you don't mind me asking too much?

I ordered a Ritter. I love long, slashing blades, the pommel type is a particular favorite of mine and one of my favorite areas of historical interest is in the last days of the Hohenstaufens... so this one's been at the top of my list for a while now. I would have gone for it sooner, but money's been a bit tight this past year and I've had a few custom pieces coming due to boot; the next four months or so should be good ones however, and a long time coming at that.
Did anyone else here take advantage? Care to share your choice?

I finally decided to get a Knight.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Travis Canaday wrote:

The original price a while back was $2500. It must have gone up to $2900 last tim ethey raised prices. Now it's $3219. So $800 total, but not all at once.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Albion's new prices         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Looks like Albion has updated their prices to reflect the increase they announced on their site. Hopefully some people took advantage of the pre-February 5th price structure while it was still there. Happy

I did, an Earl and an Liechtenauer.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul Watson wrote:

I finally decided to get a Knight.

That's a good sword.

Slightly off topic - when I ordered the Condottierre last week, I asked Mike what were the currently best-selling Albion swords. I don't think he would mind my repeating his answer. He said they were - the Earl, the Gallowglass, and the Liechtenauer.
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike Arledge wrote:
I personally applaud Albion and others like Gus for announcing the increase ahead of time, but it does make me sad to know I will have to now wine and dine the fiance even more to get her to consent to more swords in the future! lol

Hey at least you have the money to do the wine and dining. ;-) My advice, breakfast in bed and stuffed animals, they're cheaper. :-)
Ron Hutchins

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, im new here, and new to weapon collecting Happy. I recently orderd a Reeve from Albion(my first sword and i'm so incredably stoked!!) and i also got a 12 to 16 week estamate on it. They mentioned to me that they were realy busy because they had a moive deal going on right now. Sounds cool! Anyone know what the movie might be?
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ron Hutchins wrote:
Hi, im new here, and new to weapon collecting Happy. I recently orderd a Reeve from Albion(my first sword and i'm so incredably stoked!!) and i also got a 12 to 16 week estamate on it. They mentioned to me that they were realy busy because they had a moive deal going on right now. Sounds cool! Anyone know what the movie might be?

The movie - probably this - http://www.reclaimingtheblade.com/

I've got a Reeve. It is one of my favorite swords. I think you are going to love it.
Allen Andrews

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

C.L. Miller wrote:
Did anyone else here take advantage? Care to share your choice?

I have to admit I took the plunge and pre-ordered a "Dane"

" I would not snare even an orc with a falsehood. "

Faramir son of Denethor

Words to live by. (Yes, I know he's not a real person)
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Travis Canaday wrote:
Edward Hitchens wrote:

I think the most staggering price increase was the Svante -- that one went up $800+ Eek!

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm glad I got mine way back when. At the time it was near custom prices (higher then some custom guys even then), now it is definitely in that range.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Patrick Kelly

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
The movie - probably this - http://www.reclaimingtheblade.com/

Nope.
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ron Hutchins wrote:

I agree with Roger. You're going to love the Reeve. It's one of my favorites, very handy and deadly.
Travis Canaday

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ron Hutchins wrote:
They mentioned to me that they were realy busy because they had a moive deal going on right now. Sounds cool! Anyone know what the movie might be?

It's probably this Swedish movie called Arn. It's a crusader era flick based on some books about a fictional Swedish knight.

Travis
Grayson C.

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I ordered the ritter some weeks ago, back in early december. I was given a 16 week waiting period as well. However, this places my order sometime in march (assuming my basic math is up to par, which is not likely). I'm glad I placed the order though, I'd :rather" not have to pay that extra $77 Wink
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Travis Canaday wrote:
Ron Hutchins wrote:
They mentioned to me that they were realy busy because they had a moive deal going on right now. Sounds cool! Anyone know what the movie might be?

It's probably this Swedish movie called Arn. It's a crusader era flick based on some books about a fictional Swedish knight.

Wink
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unfortunately things likes the price increases we've recently seen are going to be a fact of life for the foreseeable future. I know a lot of small business owners and the costs on nearly everything have skyrocketed over the last year. Prices on everything from electricity to materials have increased anywhere from 100% to 500%. When I look at the figures and margins it makes me glad I don't have that cross to bare. Sometimes being a state employee has its advantages.
Greg Griggs

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Unfortunately things likes the price increases we've recently seen are going to be a fact of life for the foreseeable future. I know a lot of small business owners and the costs on nearly everything have skyrocketed over the last year. Prices on everything from electricity to materials have increased anywhere from 100% to 500%. When I look at the figures and margins it makes me glad I don't have that cross to bare. Sometimes being a state employee has its advantages.

Yep. Copper used to run me $1.99 to $2.10 a pound. Sometime around September or October it jumped up to $5.00 or more a pound, depending on thickness. This hit me just as I ordered 2500#. Do the math. I still can't stand up straight.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bryce Felperin wrote:
Mike Arledge wrote:
I personally applaud Albion and others like Gus for announcing the increase ahead of time, but it does make me sad to know I will have to now wine and dine the fiance even more to get her to consent to more swords in the future! lol

Hey at least you have the money to do the wine and dining. ;-) My advice, breakfast in bed and stuffed animals, they're cheaper. :-)

Listen to the voice of experience (34 years, come this March) - you'd better do both!

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I almost took the leap to order a sword from Albion before the increase. Unfortunately, the models I was most interested in (Decurio and Kern) are not yet in production. Instead, I went for a quicker, but not quite instant gratification. I invested in an antique spadroon which should arrive this week (will post photos when received). I also bought a cabinet to display my collection.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion's new prices
Page 2 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: