Who is the Upstate NY Traditional Smith
Hello All,

I am not a member of any forums but his one caught my interest. I saw a cable special featuring a traditional smith on Comcast North Jersey approxiamately one month ago. He specialized in Viking age manufacture using traditional
techniques. If anyone knows who he is I would be in your debt for information leading me to to be able to be come his patron.

Rich
I don't get Comcast, but there is a DVD called Birth of a Sword that shows Richard Kazda making a Nordic-type sword from start to finish using traditional methods. It is a pretty interesting video. You can learn more about Mr. Kazda and his art at http://www.armart.antiquanova.com/index.htm.
I have moved this topic to the Off-topic Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of general history and other miscellaneous topics relating to arms and armour that do not specifically fit our other forums"

Thank you.
P Ballou wrote:
I don't get Comcast, but there is a DVD called Birth of a Sword that shows Richard Kazda making a Nordic-type sword from start to finish using traditional methods. It is a pretty interesting video. You can learn more about Mr. Kazda and his art at http://www.armart.antiquanova.com/index.htm.

For purposes of clarification, it is worth noting that the firm Armart, who are offering the DVD for sale, are located in the Czech Republic, and not in upstate NY.
I'm pretty sure you are talking about Paul Champagne as noted above. It's my understanding that

1) His is pretty focused on Chinese weapons these days (although that information may be out of date)
2) He pretty much only sells to a stable of repeat customers.

If you find out anything different please by all means let us know!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: