Filmswords replicas from "Timeline"
I was checking out the page on Filmswords.com (http://filmswords.com/timeline/timeline.htm) from Michael Crichton's Timeline.

The book was entertaining, but I never got a chance to see the film. It was cool to see that they used real swords for design inspiration. DeKere's sword is the Black Prince's hilt with a different blade. Lord Oliver's uses a hilt like MRL used to put on a Type XV blade (Hotspur's sword maybe?). Lord Arnaut's sword's hilt looks kind of like A 460 in the Wallace collection, which A&A replicates as their French Medieval Sword.

Was the movie any good? Also, does anyone know when Albion might put these into production?
Re: Filmswords replicas from "Timeline"
Chad Arnow wrote:
I was checking out the page on Filmswords.com (http://filmswords.com/timeline/timeline.htm) from Michael Crichton's Timeline.

The book was entertaining, but I never got a chance to see the film. It was cool to see that they used real swords for design inspiration. DeKere's sword is the Black Prince's hilt with a different blade. Lord Oliver's uses a hilt like MRL used to put on a Type XV blade (Hotspur's sword maybe?). Lord Arnaut's sword's hilt looks kind of like A 460 in the Wallace collection, which A&A replicates as their French Medieval Sword.

Was the movie any good? Also, does anyone know when Albion might put these into production?

Hey Chad,

We have the blade for the Timeline swords designed (all three film props used the same blade, but with different hilts and hilt lengths, ie. they cheated), and are currently working the hilt designs in with the Next Gen. AM pieces. I'm not sure on an exact timeframe, but I'm sure as soon as anything solid comes up, it will be posted on the News pages.
As far as the film itself goes ( and this is just my opinion)the overall feeling I was left with was" boy 21st century
first world humans are a bunch of wussies !" The cast spends a good portion of the film wallowing in the
"conflict" of to kill or not to kill to ensure thier survival even as said cast members are dropping like flies .
That being said , the equipment was excellent! The armour was very well done ( although in large part about 40
years or so latter than the film is supposed to be set ) and the night battle/seige sceens were well done .
I didn't read the book but would give the film a "matinee" rating ,or inother words not quite worth the full
price but i'd see it on a Sunday afternoon for 1/2 off . Again just my opinion ( and it should be noted that
this will probably not prevent me from buying a copy because theres guys with swords fighting ) .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: