For Sale: Customized Albion Viking
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Several moons ago while surfing the posts, I came across some awesome pictures of historic, type “H”, 2 part pommel, Viking swords that have a “U” shaped ring hidden under the upper pommel. I became obsessed with the idea of having a sword modeled after those that I saw, but lacking the money and many month wait to have one custom made, was at a loss. Then I came up with the notion that I could modify an already proven blade to fit my need (since I am no blade smith). So I purchased an Albion Squire Line Viking and set to work. After many days of cutting, filing , re-peining and such came up a sword to curb my obsession.

Now many months have passed since then and I feel the urge to modify another sword. And since convincing the wife to let me buy another sword is harder than parting with my current sword, I’ve decided to trade or sell it for my next project. So here it is…

Albion Viking Sword and Scabbard:

Blade is sharpened and in it’s original state. The pommel has been cut, tang re-peined, “U” shaped ring inserted and peined, upper pommel dished out to fit over ring and copper spacer added. The handle has been re-wrapped with twisted copper and steel wire in opposite directions.

The scabbard is wood core with the interior lined with fleece. The exterior is covered in leather that has been carved/tooled with Viking specific knot work and features a pewter ornament also Viking in origin.

Looking to trade for an Albion Vinland or Gotland in excellent shape or $600 USD (via PayPal) so I can purchase another sword when one comes along. If you are interested, please PM or email me.

[ Linked Image ]
The ring before the upper pommel was put on.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Off She Goes!
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Sorry this item has been removed and sacrificed to the gods of ebay.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: