Accounts of Destreza in Duels
Greetings everyone,

I was wondering about any surviving accounts of Destreza rapier methods being used in duels. Do any exist? can they be found in English?

I did a search and this thread on Portuguese vs. Samurai was vaguely close, but Im looking more for judicial/honor type encounters, and not cross cultural military engagements.

This was the other thread:

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...;start=0ch
Re: Accounts of Destreza in Duels
Kyro R. Lantsberger wrote:
Greetings everyone,
I was wondering about any surviving accounts of Destreza rapier methods being used in duels. Do any exist? can they be found in English?

I'm afraid I don't have many specific references, but I would bet that this duel at least was fought using Destreza methods:
Duel between Narvaez and Quevedo

This whole site (The Destreza translation and research project) is a pretty interesting resource on this style, by the way...

Regards
Re: Accounts of Destreza in Duels
Kyro R. Lantsberger wrote:
Greetings everyone,

I did a search and this thread on Portuguese vs. Samurai was vaguely close, but Im looking more for judicial/honor type encounters, and not cross cultural military engagements.

This was the other thread:

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...;start=0ch

Do a web search for the names Puck and Mary Curtis.

They are doing a lot of research on early destreza and might be able to answer your question.

Allen

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: