My longsword study group's new website
Hi all,

I created a web site for my longsword study group, complete with forums. It would be nice to have some feedback, and maybe ideas for improvement.

The url is: http://www.newyorklongsword.com

Also, I'd like to know if some of the graphics don't work right for people with different and/or older browsers.

Thanks for looking, and any comments would be much appreciated.
That is a great site!!! I really like the opinons on the differant suggested suppliers. I am very empressed with the design
Excellent, very nicely done. It looks like it'll be a good resource for your group!
Thanks!

The suggested suppliers was actually my favorite part. :)

Yes, the site will be a good resource for the group. We can use the forums to stay in touch during the week, and use the site to provide information to prospective members, store articles that we find useful, etc. The group has gotten so big I was having a hard time keeping everyone informed of what was going on. Now it will be easy. Well, that's what I get for living in New York. :)

I should have made one long ago, excep that I just recently learned how to code html and javascript. It's so much nicer than using a crappy design tool.
I agree. There are probably some decent web editing programs out there, but I haven't bothered to investigate them. HTML isn't hard to learn, and you get very precise control if you hand-edit your website. A little perl-scripting can go a long way too, if you need some dynamic content or need to make large batch edits. Not to mention server-side includes to have consistent menus on multiple pages, etc.

Anyway, like I said, nice site. It seems elegant and straightforward.
So you guys didn't go with the name "The Two Mikes?" ;)

Very nice website! It's very clean looking and really will work well for attracting new people. I must say, I'm pretty embarressed by the one we have. Thankfully we've finally hired someone to do it right, so hopefully we'll be able to put up something nice, too (and will actually use the correct text descriptions...).
Hi Bill,

Well, we were going to go with "The Two Mikes", but the other members pointed out that there were more than two of us, and most of us were not named Mike. :)

As for attracting new members, I don't even know what to do with the members we have! Can I mail some of them down to you?
Sure, we could always use more pells down here in VA. :)

Oh, you meant members...
Ed Toton wrote:
Sure, we could always use more pells down here in VA. :)

Oh, you meant members...

Members....pells....is there really a clear distinction? :)
Bill

that was the two Mikes from New York, if you don't mind.

the other Mike :evil:

Bill Grandy wrote:
So you guys didn't go with the name "The Two Mikes?" ;)

Very nice website! It's very clean looking and really will work well for attracting new people. I must say, I'm pretty embarressed by the one we have. Thankfully we've finally hired someone to do it right, so hopefully we'll be able to put up something nice, too (and will actually use the correct text descriptions...).
:evil:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: