Hello. I saw a reference today to Rogue Steel being a good source for affordable smallswords, and went to their website to see what else they offered. I saw that they offer single-handed or hand-and-a-half medieval swords (though they somewhat worryingly refer to them as "broadswords").

Does anyone have any experience with these, in terms of their construction and balance? I am looking for an affordable blunt for studying Fiore, and these are very appealingly priced at $250, though of course very plain in appearance. I am aware of what are probably much better training swords for not that much more (the $350 to $450 range). I'm less interested in trying to save a few bucks than trying to understand what is available in the market at different price points, so this is more of a general knowledge question.

So, has anyone handled these? Are they suitable for WMA study, or more for stage combat/reenactment, or display-only? There are no statistics on weight or point of balance (or for that matter, length) on the website, so any information anyone has would be useful.