Some new videos from Arma
Hi everyone...

Two guys from Arma did a couple of instructive videos illustrating grappling techniques from Sigmund Ringeck.

I found the videos particularly clear and instructive (technique at full speed then in slow-mo), so I decided to post them here. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ringeck
Well thank you, I really enjoyed watching them :)
Great stuff there: Sometimes very simple looking in principle but very dependant on good timing or the do-er might become the do-he. ;) Other things look more complex but seem to be based on similar principles but break down into two or more linked moves.

Interesting use of half swording and followed by interesting counters to half swording.

I hope Bill or Pamela view these and give their comments as they are bound to see a lot more into these techniques than I can. Seem like things that would have to be practised with perfect control to avoid sprains, strains or worse i.e. looks like stuff for the advanced students at the very least.

Hugo, thanks for the links to those clips. :cool:

Oh, wouldn't it be nice if a film maker used some of this well in a period movie. ;)
Quote:
Oh, wouldn't it be nice if a film maker used some of this well in a period movie.

Surely. :)

Quote:
I hope Bill or Pamela view these and give their comments as they are bound to see a lot more into these techniques than I can. Seem like things that would have to be practised with perfect control to avoid sprains, strains or worse i.e. looks like stuff for the advanced students at the very least.

Seems adequate for serious students who practiced for a year or at least a few month regularly (like two-three times a week). I would like to do more grappling but unfortunately my group does not possess tatami mats (falling on a concrete floor is somewhat painfull so we tend to avoid this). ;)

Its good to have a base in judo or aïkido when you do things like that, at least you know how to fall without breaking your back.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: